Potato Mountain Wilderness Trail

Potato Mountain Wilderness Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Claremont, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very moderate - not easy hiking trail. You can easily bike through- the only hard part would be going up to the potato mt summit. Very quiet and you'll see lot of birds you cannot see from LA- near mountains.

Great place to go for all levels

great views

Nice incline, went around 2 in the afternoon and it was shaded and cool for the majority of the hike and you can hear the stream below which was nice. Great views of the valley from the top. I'm an avid hiker and I took my husband who isn't and he really enjoyed it. It took us about 2 hours to complete. It's a popular trail so parking gets full pretty quick. All in all, nice short hike. I'll be doing it again for sure.

12/12/16
I love this trail, its my second time attempting this trail ever since my knee injury and its perfect. It has a good incline but not so bad. Dogs are welcomed, i always bring mine.

Great incline hike about 90% to top. Some shade but definitely bring a hat if you go midday or later. Takes about 1.25 hrs up and 45 mins down depending how many stops. Nice view at the top. Parking is to right and the yellow gate can be hard to see so don't drive too fast. It's just past a fenced building

visiting cali for work. nice early morning hike

Great inclines!!!

The walk was great. If you do a mid day hike the back of mountain hides the sun on the way up. Great view once you arrive. Also don't forget your potato. I guess it's a tradition to bring one to the top and drop it as an offering.

11/20/16- Short hike and good incline - no trekking poles needed. No adventure pass needed because the trail is before the Angeles National Forest. Parking is limited so get there early. There is a sign for mountain lion sightings so be mindful while your hiking, even though this is a popular trail.

A quick hike to a mountain too that gives you great views of the Pomona valley. It's a great adventure to start at the claremont loop and hike all the way to the top of potato mountain.

The view of the city is nice. I enjoy the nature view around the hike. we actually found a potato during our hike.