Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail

Claremont Hills Wilderness Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

It can get really hot for dog paws but use paw wax and snake vaccine for your pets and it's a great experience!

Hikers our number bikers, not cool!

Awesome

Descent hike if you are looking to get a quick workout around the loop. Not too much to see, aside from your occasional dry brush. Safe trail if you don't mind hiking with a crowd.

I've hiked this loop plenty of times and I'll say there's always something new whether it be deer, tarantulas or snakes. This is a great trail to prepare for those more daunting backpacking trips.

Parking is terrible .some weekends I have seen arguing over parking spots . Other than that it's a good workout and is not a real hard trail.

Parking here is rough! Come right at opening (usually 6:30am), or expect to walk a ways (Closest I could find was the neighborhood off Padova

One of my all time favs

5 mile loop in Claremont, not overly difficult or easy, but provides a good hike when you're short on time.

Ok... Check it out... I love to hike.. I hike like 3-4 times a week.. This trail is easy for sure... But I screwed up by going last minute with my lil bro... Big mistake taking him..lol cuz he had me taking breaks when I usually don't.. Newho.. We're at the top and the sun is half way down... So I was getting worried cuz he was wasting sunlight time.... Well as we're going down of course it got dark... Large tarantulas the size of mangos were all in the walk was in talking like at least 100... Of course it's dark cuz my bro is slow...we start hearing howling noises the furthers we go it gets scarier... Now it's pitch blk.. We start hearing these rock slide down the mountain and bam jumps out a freaking Moutan lion!!!!! Less than 5 feet away huffing n puffing or like a loud hacking noise.... I freaked. Swore I was a dead woman!!!! But for what ever reason it left us alone.... We went back the other way and waited for the ranger to come get us... Cuz I wasn't Ganna keep walking towards being his dinner!!

I hiked this trail for the first time and I really liked it. It has a steady incline all the way up but just not too steep. Watch out for tarantulas, we saw several on the way up crossing the road.

I spoke with the ranger last night after my hike. Trail closes at 8pm right now. They start issuing citations/ warnings at 815. Starting in September the hours will only be till 7pm

BEAUTIFUL hike. Nice wide paths. Watch out for mountain bikers. People actually pick up their dog poop also! Trails and parking ($3) close at 8pm in the month of August. We finished at 7:54, the Rangers were waiting for it to hot 8pm to start ticketing people. Very little shade. No water. But there was an outhouse about 1 mile up going in both directions