Poop Out Trail

Poop Out Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glendora, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

it's a bad trail...
you can get to the top and just praise God for how awesome He is...

Very steep at first but it levels off.
Great if you want a hard hike and have limited time.

Bad ass!!!

Excellent hike. Take mystic down. much easier decent and just a little walk back to the trailhead. Also safer than taking poop out down. loved the hike.

Super hot since there is hardly any shade. The view is not the best because you can see the road and I could hear the motorcycles up and down during my hike. I will do it again but will start it early and during the week. My hiking poles helped me tremendously keeping my balance on the way down.

We loved this hike! But definitely make sure you have good traction, it's very steep and coming down can be a bit challenging. It's a quick hike and a great workout. Looked like the mountain biking on this trail would be a lot of fun.

very intense and a wonderful workout

My first hiking trail and definitely a great way to just jump in it. It wasn't too difficult but at some points feels like you are scaling the mountain almost straight up. I think it was about 1500 ft of a challenge then easy going all the rest of the way.
Warm up and stretch before going up the beginning of the hill. Then go all out up the mountain until it levels out. After that it's a great place to walk and relex.
Going back for sure. Next time to set the record.

Trail was tough and little to no shade. Loose dirt and rocks and to the challenge. Recommend taking shoes with good tred and high ankle support. Went up poop canyon and down mystic canyon trail. Had trouble finding the trail to start but it's right at the corner of glendora mt. Road and big dalton rd check the photos that I posted for reference.

Going up is super fun down is a little harder this time of year the ground is super dry and you can easily slip

Very steep but definitely a great workout!

Great view - it was an intense climb, so it was nice to be able to head back down the Mystic Canyon route that meets up with the road that runs into GMR

Poop out trail is a very good trail for wildland firefighters if you do it with 45 pounds weight. It leads to punk our which is a bit harder but worth the view and silence. Other then that going down sucks but here is a TIP: TAKE THE MYSTIC CANYON TRAIL DOWN AND PROCEED TO YOUR RIGHT TO GET BACK TO THE START OF POOP OUT IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT DOWN SAFELY.

Good workout but that's about it. Short and steep. The view from the top isn't bad but nothing too special.

If your looking for a trail that is about 40° uphill a huge portion going up and a good sweat, than this trail is for you. My wife and I did it midday in February. I made it to the top, but she decided against it because it was way too steep and not a lot of footholds. The way up isn't that bad. Yeah, it's slow goings at times, and not too exciting unless you turn around to enjoy the fruits of your labor. At about halfway up, it levels out a bit until the end. There's only one portion near the end that is downhill on the way up to the top.

Once you get there, look around and smile at what you did. There are trails up there if you'd like to go further, and they're not as steep. Look at other reviews for more details.

The way down isn't fun for your knees, quads, or calves. My arches screamed at me too with all the sliding. I'd say I worked more going down then up. Lots of sliding and slow-goings as you maneuver those steep declines with the lizards and bug-city around you. Look around occasionally for the views though. On a clear day, you can see LA and maybe the ocean. My day was clear and the ocean wasn't easy to make out with my bad vision. I'd say the whole thing is a solid hour. Bring a water bottle for the way up, and one for when you get back to the car. Happy trails!

Tough but worth it at the top, it leads into punk out trail if you go to the right when poop out trail and mystic canyon meet. Punk out will for sure kick your butt.