Sayles Canyon Loop

Sayles Canyon Loop is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Twin Bridges, CA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Enjoyed the solitude, there were no other hikers on the trail, a couple of mountain bikers though. We set out to complete the loop and loved the hike, it could be divided into two parts. The first part was up hill and more challenging, we climbed 1500 ft. Typical hiking trail views and things to enjoy. When we reached the top we were in the Sierra at Tahoe ski resort. It was fun to explore that area. We came down the front side of the ski area, as the map directed. We didn't like the idea of walking the whole way back on the road so we got off trail, not advisable. We added difficulty and distance to our hike (and A LOT of stickers on our dog). If I were to recommend the hike to anyone, or do it again myself, I would suggest an out and back. Go up to the top of the ski area (that is the part of the hike that offers the best work out and the prettiest views), then turn around and go back out the same way. Otherwise you're just on a road most of the way back, which isn't interesting.

about half of this "trail" is on fire roads or Sierra at Tahoe service roads. would recommend you drive to the end of the fire road and do out and back to either Bryan Meadows or Round Meadow.

no views hella bugs

Beautiful hike from Sayles Canyon/Bryan Meadows trailhead. Very hard to find. From Highway 50 turn right onto Sierra at Tahoe Road. Drive 1.4 miles and turn right onto dirt road. Drive 2 miles to parking area and trailhead. Great for a weekend hike because almost no one knows about it. By the time we found trailhead it was afternoon so we did not do loop, just an out and back. We will go back again another day. Beautiful views of Pyramid Peak and Horsetail Falls and other vistas. Easy access to river and waterfalls along the way.

Beautiful scenery, running river water available to cool off or drink with a certified filter all along the trail. Seasonsbly accessable most years, but good accessability 2015 because of the grim snow year

This was our first family hike and we had a blast. My 5, 4, and 2 year old had a blast following the trail markers and wondering up the trail. We made it to about a 1/4 of a mile from the base of the falls before it got too hard for the kids and we had to stop. We had lunch by a beautiful smaller water fall (there are many smaller water falls before you reach the base of the big falls). We had to carry my two year old out in a pack, but the 5 and 4 year old made it down just fine. All in all, we thought the views were awesome, the hike was easy enough, and we'll be back to finish the hike when the kids are a bit older.

This is always a beautiful day hike- small waterfall on way up.

On Friday 7`~10~14 a friend and I made this hike it was a good hike.......we ran into two back packers,this is no tail for that,they spent all day trying to get up half way......we tried to talk them down but didn't...

I hiked it last summer had a blast scrambled up the rocks to the top, was such a perfect day hike. I just hiked it last week on the 17th of jan was a perfect day for it, nice and sunny Warm and there was a little bit of snow at the top. I'm gunna hike it this summer and bring all the camping gear.