Pohono Trail Glacier Point to Inspiration Point

Pohono Trail Glacier Point to Inspiration Point is a 25 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Yosemite National Park, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

Directions from Arch Rock Entrance: Follow Highway 140 into the park. Bear right on to Southside Drive then make a quick left on to Highway 41. Travel 9 miles to Glacier Point Road and turn left on to it. Follow Glacier Point Road 16 miles to the end. Begin the trail from the southeastern part of the parking lot.

Completed this trail in summer 2015. We started at glacier point road and ended up hiking out at McGurk meadows them hitching a ride back to our car (not particularly easy to do though). I heard it is very difficult to arrange transportation from the wawona side of the trail if you hike all the way through too though. There is a nice area of campsites just over a small bridge somewhere about halfway between Taft point and Dewey point and very close to the McGurk trail. There was plenty of water in the stream nearby. We made this our base and did a day hike out and back to the remaining points along the trail to Dewey, Crocker, and Stanford (I think that's what they're called... I'm not looking at the map!) We hiked out on the third morning. It was a very nice hike with beautiful views of the valley along the way, including Half Dome and the (albeit dried up at the time) falls. Less traffic and a good choice to take in the beauty of the park if you only have time for one hike in your trip. There was little traffic once we passed Taft point and we did see two small bears off away from the tail, but traffic picked up at Dewey point. Past Dewey it was quiet again. I would say this is a moderate hike suitable for beginners but enjoyable for all! This was my husband's first backpacking trip and my fifth.

Spectacular views of the Valley and the north rim.