Pleasants Ridge Trail

Pleasants Ridge Trail is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Winters, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

hot springs

Loved it..

This is a beautiful area but it is closed untill May 2016.

Fun hike, not for the faint of heart. Very steep with 40 to 45 degree slopes the entire way, on loose gravel and sometimes, just slippery dirt. There's no water except for Putah Creek below, so refill before starting if water is an issue for you.
Beware the poison oak and if uncertain, avoid anything that looks like it.
Going up is easy, as it's just a strenuous climb and I put my trekking poles to good use. It is slippery.
Going down is an adventure - be prepared to fall onto your side or butt, no matter how careful you are. Sometimes, there won't be a sure way to go down and you just take what you think is the safest step and fall. I had to take hands out of the loops for my trekking poles, so that I could fall and brace myself correctly, without breaking the poles or my wrists.
In summary, be careful if you're doing this hike.

There is nothing pleasant about this steep, unshaded trail covered in loose gravel. Don't bother unless you have a strong inclination toward masochism.

I love this hike, along with all Stebbins Cold Creek Canyon paths... best hiking opportunity near Davis.

All in all, we were pretty disappointed with this trail. There are 2 trails that go to the same spot, and this one is the one that allows dogs. In looking at the other trail, it was a nice, wide path, IN THE SHADE, whereas this path looks like it's been partially destroyed by rockslides, and not well maintained. There aren't any markers for the trail, so we wound up following it straight along Putah Creek, which was completely dried up, until it dead ended nearly a mile from the main road. When we turned around to head back to the car, we saw the switchback that takes you up the hill to the overlooks. This switchback is right when you clear the bushes/trees near the parking lot, and resembles more of a beaten down access road than a trail. We ventured up this switchback a little, but by that time, we were hot from the trail being all in the sun, the dogs were already tired, and so were we. We saw where others probably took pictures of the dam, but there were a couple dead trees blocking our view. We looked at the map that's posted a few feet down the "no dog trail" on our way out, and were pretty annoyed that the "dog trail" loops around to the "no dog trail," but then, if we had gone the full way, we would've had to just turn around and go back the way we had come … probably won't be doing this one again …

Great views, but not for the faint of heart. It's a short hike with a very steep climb the entire way.

An up and back, not for inexperienced hikers. This trail is very steep at approximately 35-45 degrees and goes straight up the saddle with few switchbacks. Footing is loose in many places. Short at about 3 miles round trip but a GREAT cardio/leg workout! Nice views of Montecello Dam and Lake Berryessa as well as the canyon and Putah Creek below.