Heritage Trail

Heritage Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Newhall, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible from February until November.

This trail is actually closed.

Good hike, very nice gradual increase.

Great views and nicely maintained trail.

I started out on this trail but then went up Los Pinetos trail at the same park. Great hike and beautiful trail, not too difficult getting up there but it was long. I started out late and had to hurry down before sunset. I should have started earlier I realize, using this app it allowed me to see a fire break that was a short cut back but I don't recommend it. I made it back safe but it got a little treacherous coming down. It was a great adventure today.

I used to volunteer at placerita canyon so I would take this trail pretty regularly. It's a nice easy hike and is beautiful especially in the winter when the heat isn't crazy. Plus the nature center is really a cool space.

Trail was great until someone angered a rattlesnake

By far my favourite hiking trail off the 14 fwy!

I always enjoy hiking here. There's a nice picnic area before the trails, so I'll usually eat lunch there before I go. It's not a very long walk--maybe an hour or two tops--with no significant inclines. Concludes at a picnic spot as well. You can choose to go further but that's where I usually stop. Nice scenery, no city noises or power lines.

Interesting trail. I've hiked it three times in the past two years. I've ascended the wooded trail and descended the open part. Going up is pretty easy. It can be rather difficult going down. The trail is a ridge trail so it descends rather rapidly at times. It's easier descending when its muddy.

Dry but all in all a great hike. Plenty of shade and gotta love the nature museum.

This trail is nice however very crowded. Dodging bikers, runners and dogs not on a leash got old. At the ranch there was a boy scout troop shooting slingshots which ricocheted everywhere. If you are looking for privacy or the feeling of serenity this is not the place. It's great for a quick exercise. The nature center was cool.

The nature canter at the parking lot was very nice. There were volunteers showing off a red tailed hawk and a barn owl. There are multiple trails that spur from the nature center.

We completed the heritage trail and the ecology trail with a one year old and a three year old with no problems. We will be back to tackle the canyon and hillside trails soon.

Easy starter hike probly best to go in the summer waterfall Is dried up but good 2.5 miles their and back.

Easy hike, well marked trail. Majority of the hike is under a shade. Unfortunately, the falls was all dried up when I hiked there last week.

very nice hike!!

I love this trail and do it several times a month with my dog on a leash. Its mostly in the shade and follows a creek (dry most of the year.) Can be busy on the weekends, however, everyone I see on the trail is always friendly. From this trail you can connect to the short waterfall trail (sulphur smelling) (1 mile) or to the Los Pinetos Trail (4.5 miles)and make a day out of it. Los Pinetos is a very steep and narrow trail that you have to share with the mountain bikers.

Excellent kids hike! Took my 2.5 yr. old this morning. He needed help in a few steep & rocky areas once you start up the portion to the waterfalls. Nice & green..even saw ferns growing along the trail near the waterfall. Great for families looking for a fun day together. For a shorter trip if your little one can't do 5 mi.: go east on Placerita Canyon about 2 mi. past the entrance to the preserve. Park at the turn-off for Walker Ranch campground. Walk around the gate & down the hill. The waterfall hike picks up there, and makes for about 2.5 mi. out & back