Pisgah Trail

Pisgah Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Yucaipa, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

One of the trails near Wildwood Park, open all year to all skill level. This the a wash trail on the south side of Wildwood Park, with incredible mountain views on the South and North.

I hiked this trail. But, come to find out it does run through private property. There is no state or federal land within 120 acres. The property owners were very nice, but informed me that there is no public access. The only access is for County Fire, as this isn't even accessible by theCityof Yucaipa. The only access into this trail legally is from Oak Glen Road and there is no legal outlet to the old "Pisgah Peak" road. According to public documents, this has been private property for about 25+ years. I will respect the land owners and hike on only public trails. I encourage you all to do the same...I wouldn't want you to stomp through my back yard...no matter how many acres it was.

This is a big wash and runs for miles down through Yucaipa. A long time ago you used to be able to get all the way to the 10 freeway in the wash, I don't think it's possible anymore. Up by Wildwood canyon park you can park and head east for awhile but it is very overgrown after it splits and the going is very hard. One way runs into Wildwood canyon rd and the other into heavy heavy brush. There is only water after a heavy rain, there is no "river". There is a tiny trickle of water that runs for a few feet off one of the hills under all the brush. You can take the wash west and go for miles however it is not maintained and after a big storm there will be big drop-offs you have to find ways around. There is a parking area and concrete/dirt trails off Wildwood on the south side of the road between Mesa Grande and Holmes where you can access the wash also.

OK, here's the current problem with Pishgah Peak Trail and Pishgah Trail. I have been to the peak on a 10 mile "fire road" loop trail beginning at Wildwood State park, to the peak, back down to Limekilm Dr., then back to the State Park. It is a great hike in the area, and great exercise. However, without going into details, the "Nazi's" that live at various areas along this loop trail have ruined it for the rest of us. At least, though I have tried vigorously, I can't figure out how to do it since my loop hike 8 years ago. I was even threatened once that my car would be pushed over an embankment if I ever parked again along the county road going up to the peak. It is great for bikers and hikers, and even horses.
You might be able still to start at the parking area of Wildwood canyon State Park, go up Canyon Drive to the top of the ridge, turn right, then up to the peak. Then turn around there and back-track back to your car. It doesn't seem like the whole loop is possible anymore given my experience in the past 5+ years.
I have even tried today to go to the peak starting from the "Oak Glen side", and have even found the entrance to Pisgah Peak Road which was completely barricaded off (even to hikers with a "Do not trespass, private Property" sign). BTW - the coordinates for this entrance is at Lat 34.043 Long -116.947 degrees.
If anyone (biker, hiker, equestrian) can figure out a workable track that the rest of us could use, it would be greatly appreciated for all, since this is a wonderful hike, and shouldn't be destroyed by a few rich a-holes that live in the area. Sorry for the language, but that's how I feel.

This is a wash trail just south of Wildwood Park. It's a short trail that ends where the wash meets Wildwood Canyon Road. There's a bonus trail not too far from the park at the wash named MJB Trail. It's a mountain loop trail. Pisgah trail you note get's really interesting at the "Y" intersection when you're getting close to Wildwood Canyon Road. If you go left you'll end up at the Road. If you go right you'll encounter a jungle where it becomes too dense to continue.