Pine Mountain Trail

Pine Mountain Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Valyermo, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until November.

Very touch hike. Only for the experience! Great views!

did with 2 dogs from acorn trail in wrightwood bring plenty of h20 you will need it trails in good shape a lot of rock climbing and loose rock

Parked at Guffy and took the fire road to the trail head so I wouldn't miss the Sheep Mountain sign. There was a couple sitting there having lunch. In two trips they're the only people I've seen up there. It was my first hike in over a year and it totally kicked my butt. The closer you get to the summit the steeper it gets. Going up, there were a couple of times I was on all four in scramble mode. The summit was magnificent, and again I was disappointed I waited too late in the day to continue on to Baldy. The trip back is all down hill and steep with lots of scree. On the way up I was on all four, on the way down I often decided the best way was to squat and slide. I skipped the fire road and took the PCT back to Guffy. Fantastic afternoon.