Pilot Rock Truck Trail

Pilot Rock Truck Trail is a 24 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hesperia, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

The trail can vary from easy to extremely difficult depending on what route you take. The main trail is easy for an high clearance 2WD, however many of the side trails require 4WD. This trail ends up close to Lake Arrowhead

My wife and I hiked it 2weeks ago and we loved it real good work out and a lot of nice views

off road driving

The trail itself was phenomenal. I'd highly recommend it to all levels of drivers. Overall the main fireroad is easy to drive and shouldn't give any stock 4x4 vehicle a problem at all. There are side tracks that would definitely venture into the hard genre. When we did it, the 2016 Blue Cut fire had just been put out which revealed charred landscapes sprinkled with neon pink fire retardant. I would do this trail soon to check that out.

Keeping that in mind, I would be forewarned for the rainy season. There are areas that look like they could easily be washed out and become incredibly muddy, even more so now with all the trees being burnt to a crisp. We drove the Cleghorn Ridge trail and then ventured to this one, taking us from the I-15 to Lake Arrowhead. This trail can be done in under 2 hours with minimal ventures onto the side roads. Overall I'd highly recommend it.

Very nice trail

It was a great trail. Most paths were marked by level of difficulty with bypasses available. The trail could easily be done in a stock vehicle. Very scenic and finished the day with lunch in Arrowhead.

off road driving

I had a blast on this trail, the group I was with did this trail and did Leghorn backwards on the same day. The first hill, let me call it gatekeeper was steep,fun and scary.