Piedras Pintadas Interpretive Trail

Piedras Pintadas Interpretive Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round.

well maintained easy trail.

Easy and enjoyable would be better in cooler weather.

It was a good hike, but I think if you try to do it in the summer it would be very very hot and dry.

Leisurely. A community trail, with an after-dinner stroll often sharing the trail with someone who mountain-biked in for a night ride. Great mix of wildlife - watch for rattlesnakes (learn from me...). Take someone for a walk here, and you'll convince them to join you somewhere more remote next time.

A good open trail with varied terrain and vegetation. The trail offers views of Lake Hodges from different altitudes. The knowledge gained from the trail was neat but at some point I wondered if the interpretations were still appropriate - the description of plants which were no longer around. I didn't see much wildlife midday other than butterflies, birds, and bugs. Take plenty of water and slather on the sunscreen - there was but a few parts of the trail that were covered. Met a few bikers who, at certain rockier areas, had to carry their bikes.

This is a great leisure trail, I take my mountain bike here regularly because it offers easy routes and if I so desire I am close to more challenging hill climbs which are part of the many interconnected trails. The views of the surrounding hills and the lake are just awesome too. I take new comers here a lot to show them the small streams and waterfalls too. A great place for the family to hike or bike.

Nice hike beautiful views. Cabin is great insights my curiosity, too bad you can't get closer to the cabin. Lots of wildlife tons of fun worth the drive and the trails are great.

Nice because it is so accessible, and has a lot of shade in spots. Easy mostly flat terrain. Expect lots of people & mountain bikers on trail during weekends. There is a water crossing and inaccessible small falls.