Peters Canyon Lake View Trail

Peters Canyon Lake View Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orange, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from October until June. Horses are also able to use this trail.

I love this trail, one of my favorites!

easy trail but sandy and dusty, not much shade ,bring enough water

I"m a new hiker and I enjoy the trails here great workout and beautiful views

Challenging but not too difficult. Bring lots of water if it's hot.

Very good hiking trail..great cardio excercise place 2 go..

Moderate = two good size hills. I really enjoy having trails so close to home.

Great trail, the AllTrails description says it's only accessible October-June but I only saw a couple of short stretches that were closed for restoration (hiking in July). I did the Lake View trail and threw in the big red hill on East Ridge View trail, looping back on Gnatcatcher trail. It took me roughly an hour at a good pace with a couple of cool-down breaks. The trail itself is very nice and varied, got there at 10am on a Wednesday and it was pretty quiet though there were a lot more cars by the time I got back to my car at 11:15ish. Kind of cool seeing that the lake is completely dried up, and saw some nice plant life. Watch out for the heat!! You get a nice breeze in a lot of stretches but it gets very hot especially around the southern side of Lake View.

Hiked this past weekend, easy trail, not too many people but really hot! I think if we went earlier in the day it would been cooler.

Great! 3 different courses but my fave is going up the red hill. Medium difficulty for beginners.

These trails are awesome! You can choose your difficulty level from easy to strenuous. It's a very popular spot so can become crowded during mid-day. Lots of people walking, hiking, dogs and bike riders.

Great trail for a quick hour and a half -to -two hour hike, depending on your speed. on the whole 5 mile hike, there is a nice challenge up to the top, and because there is not much shade it makes the mild part of the trail a little more on the moderate level. Just pack the sunblock and a hat, and you'll have a great work work out!

This is one of my favorite place to go for a quick mountain bike ride. Has a few good climbs and nice flats. Only downside is that it can get pretty congested on weekend mornings.

Great trail for working on trail running skills as well as great training for a race or just to strengthen your cardio

Ohh the uphills!!