Peters Canyon Lake View Trail

Peters Canyon Lake View Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Orange, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from October until June. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Great workout ! That one hill that leads to the memorial bench is killer for beginners but totally worth it ! Really felt great after this hike ! There's some great views too

I was confused about where to start, then realized it is a loop, so it doesn't matter. Doh! Very nice trail, but I would label it closer to moderate because of the two kick butt hills. Beginners beware.

Its a good workout!

I loved this trail it was awesome!

Nice trail, my first time here. It is painful to see the lake is dried and the vegetation is all so dead. I came by 8am, got to try earlier since it was already too hot to walk and the little bugs keeping flying around you.

It's a cool trail, but the lake bed is dried up so there's only really a bunch of dead stuff everywhere.

I love this trail, one of my favorites!

easy trail but sandy and dusty, not much shade ,bring enough water

I"m a new hiker and I enjoy the trails here great workout and beautiful views

Challenging but not too difficult. Bring lots of water if it's hot.

Very good hiking trail..great cardio excercise place 2 go..

Moderate = two good size hills. I really enjoy having trails so close to home.

Great trail, the AllTrails description says it's only accessible October-June but I only saw a couple of short stretches that were closed for restoration (hiking in July). I did the Lake View trail and threw in the big red hill on East Ridge View trail, looping back on Gnatcatcher trail. It took me roughly an hour at a good pace with a couple of cool-down breaks. The trail itself is very nice and varied, got there at 10am on a Wednesday and it was pretty quiet though there were a lot more cars by the time I got back to my car at 11:15ish. Kind of cool seeing that the lake is completely dried up, and saw some nice plant life. Watch out for the heat!! You get a nice breeze in a lot of stretches but it gets very hot especially around the southern side of Lake View.