Pecho Coast Trail

Pecho Coast Trail is a 2.3 mile out and back trail located near Avila Beach, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

You must reserve thru PG&E as it's on PG&E property (Diablo Canyon).

Avila was my favorite place on earth until I was about 15. My aunt and uncle owned 2 little restaurants on the beach. We visited every now and then. I was all over every beach and hill...

Had a great time! The first part of the hike caught me off guard. It was more strenuous than I thought but I caught my second wind. Great hike! The lighthouse tour was pretty neat.

Great hike, I actually lead docent led hikes out here. lots of history out here, easy hike, lighthouse is beautiful as our the views back at Avila and Shell Beach

The online info was a little misleading.The light house hike is 3.4 miles out and back.Great exercise and great views,with the added bonus of a light house tour for 5.00 .The money goes for maintaining and restoring it.This is also docent lead because of being on P.G.&E. property.Reservations a must.

The 3.4 mile hike is to the lighthouse. Very cool. The longer one is up and past and across rattlesnake ridge. So there is two different hikes you can go on. Must reserve thru PG&E. It's on PG&E property (diablo canyon). Worth hiking.

showed up morning of hike to find out its only 3.4 miles