Pa'san Ridge Trail

Pa'san Ridge Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Auberry, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Pretty basic hike but for January, it was great. The hike from the lot to the gorge was mostly downhill till you cross the bridge. We took the counterclockwise route which climbs gradually for a couple miles. Because the trail winds in different directions throughout the hills you get different views of the surrounding hills and peaks off in the distance. The downhill trail was a similar distance to the uphill but seemed steeper in places. We attacked the trail at a very casual pace and managed to make it back to the lot in four hours. Not sure of the moderate rating, I’d probably lean a little more towards easy, however, if you consider the distance then I suppose the moderate rating could be justified. The trail was very busy this day…lots of mountain bikes...all of which were going clockwise.

The river was beautiful! It took us about 4 hours to complete the hike and we would definitely do it again. Great if you just want to get out for a few hours and it was a good mix of incline and coasting.

We had a great time today. We only walked to the bridge and back. My 5 year old and twin 3 yr olds did great.! It was a quick in & out for the littles.!

I have to do this hike in the spring. Great October hike but green grass in spring would be awesome.

We didn't quite finish because We had our 4 & 8 year old with us who were troopers. Turned around after 1.25 hours in not realizing it was a loop. Awesome trail!!

Great hike on well maintained trail.

Awesome, steady hike with varied uphill terrain and a gorgeous view across the bridge of the gorge. Good visible trail.

One of my favorite hikes. I like going down into the river afterwards. Do be careful though!

It was easy and well maintained. Long but easy.

This was a beautiful trail with gorgeous vistas throughout the entire hike. Only downside was on a good portion of the trail grass was overgrown so you had to hike through thorns. Not a major issue though.

$5 day use fee is well worth it considering the clean restrooms, awesome bridge over the river and extremely well marked trail.

Beautiful trail during this time of year. the wild flowers are amazing! the bugs were annoying though. bring bug spray.

Long but great! Still a newbie so it did a number on my muscles, but it was so worth it! Watch out for the cows... And their presents.