Paradise via Point Sal

Paradise via Point Sal is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Casmalia, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Coastal bluff trail, (Sea) Lion Rock, incredible drop-offs and ocean view. A portion of this hike is on private property.

My dog and I did the full 9.8 mile hike and it was gorgeous! The cove was wonderful but I couldn't find able easy place to get down and back up from the water. I could've done it, but I couldn't get my dog back up if I had gone down, so we enjoyed it from a dozen feet up or so from the water. I'll be back for sure!

If you do this hike you are trespassing... That being said I wouldn't want people leaving their water bottles here anyway. Stay to the point sal trail or "they" will get you! Nothing to see here:(

Hiked it again for my third time good hike getting to the beach is always a blast!

Just hiked it for the second time last week! Extremely fun. But beware we saw snakes African bees. :/

Very fun but strenuous hike. Bring plenty of water. The hike across paradise cove is beautiful shoreline but the sand dune you have to climb out is very difficult. There is a rope about Halfway up

I did this hike with my wife for the first time in January and fell in love with it! It was beautiful and we were the only people on the beach until we left. As we were leaving, a plane landed on the beach. The hike was strenuous through the sand dunes near the beach. We can't wait to do it again.

I have tried to finish Point Sal about 3 times this is because I just never have the time to finish it. My first hike I followed the main road which has potholes, rocks, and debris on it. After a while walking up the cliffs you will get to a gate that states you are entering Vandenberg AFB territory. Once you enter the AFB you will be greeted with a steep downhill winding road that will lead you towards the beach. Be warned though you need many hours to complete the hike to the beach but, once you complete it you will probably have a beach to yourself for the day for the most part. The hike does provide spectacular views but, it is very tiring if not properly trained for it like I was. The next hike I did here I went through the fabled "jeep trail" which is a hike through cow pastures this hike was much easier due to not many steep sections like the main hike. I hiked on this one for about 3 hours and had to turn around since it seemed I was just going a much longer route than before. Both of these trails contain great views of surrounding beaches and both of them give you much different terrain to hike across. Issues I would like to warn you is of wind this area seems to always be very windy, the roads are washed out and have difficult spots to hike up due to the nature of the broken up road, bring snacks and lots of water as this is an all day adventure. Also, take it easy if you haven't hiked up steep terrain because the next day you will be surely sore. Overall this was a great adventure for me seeing the beaches and the ocean on a clear day as it looked exactly like a painting.