Paradise Creek Trail

Paradise Creek Trail is a 5.5 mile out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until May.

Paradise Creek is a 5.8 mile out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until May.

We went in August covered in poison oak and Nats. You can easily go the wrong way in the beginning. Watch out of for the prickly thorns that stick to your clothes. I never not finished a hike this was a first. This was not paradise it was more like parasite trail

Nice hike along the river and creek. Tons of wildflowers, ad some great swimming holes. Wear long pants...the poison oak is over growing the trail. We all had shorts on, still paying the price!

We loved it!!!!! Beautiful waterfalls & wildflowers!!! My baby got a tick on him so be careful. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Pretty awesome little hike. I wouldn't considerate it moderate, more like easy. The majority of the trail is shaded and runs along a beautiful creek. You see small waterfalls and other nice views. I went in mid march and the weather was nice. I only encountered about 2 or 3 other hikers. It was pretty relaxing. Spray yourself with anti mosquito spray and watch out for ticks. Great hike

We began this trail on April 21, 2013. It was gorgeous-grass was still green, red buds were in bloom, along with many wildflowers. We got a late start and only made it to the footbridge before we decided to turn around and get an earlier start next time. We returned on April 28, much earlier in the day in order to give ourselves time to complete the trail. Wow! What a difference those 2 weeks made. Grass was quickly turning brown and most of the red buds and wildflowers are gone. Hiked in about 2 and 1/2 miles before we decided to turn back. We had stopped at Sierra Subs and Salads in Three Rivers for sandwiches on our way to the park that morning and decided to head back to the area near the footbridge to find a place to eat our lunch. They have amazing sandwiches, by the way. About 1 mile from the bridge, I got extremely close to a rattlesnake. It was right next to me on the trail before I glanced down and saw it just as it started rattling. I never want to be that close again. Just after that, I got bit by a tick just below the waistband of my shorts. I was ready for this hike to be over! Made it back to the bridge for a very pleasant lunch. I would recommend waiting to do this trail until next spring. It's already too hot and the rattlers and ticks are out. In my opinion, it's just not worth it to make another attempt this season.

We took the Paradise Creek Trail on 9 March 2013. It was a bright a pretty day, with blue skies, lots of sun, and cool temperatures. We parked at Hospital Rock as Buckeye camp ground was not open yet. You follow a trail that runs between the Middle Fork of the Kaweah River and the much smaller Paradise Creek. It is a very shaded trail making it a cool hike. Going this early in the year, not all the trees and bushes had their leaves. The oaks and buckeye trees did not have their leaves but the conifer trees did. Most of the trail is very well marked a visible, but a couple of times deep in the trail, when it dropped close to the creek, it was hard to follow. It helped that a lot of the plants did not have their leaves yet. Without the obstruction of the leave, we found the trail farther ahead and up from the creek ten yards or so. When I do go back again I was thinking of bringing a small set of cutters to show the path better in this area. Much or the trail is high above Paradise Creek, and when the trees part you have wonderful view of Moro Rock and Sequoia Nation Park. The farther in you go on the trail, the closer the trail runs close to the creek. There are small pools and smooth rocky areas you can rest on. The water was very low this year, and there were not as many pools as might be there in a good water year. Almost at the end of the trail, the area becomes near the creek and very overgrown creating lots of moss growing over rocks and trees. It was beautiful and interesting to see. We hiked in about 2.5 miles from Hospital Rock, then returned the same way we came to make it a five mile hike. It was an easy hike. The hardest part was the road from Hospital Rock to the Buckeye Campground. I would recommend this hike to anyone wanting to spend some time in nature. One interesting tip about the hike, you will climb just high enough to leave the oak trees and start getting into the pine trees.