Pacific Crest Trail Section 7

Pacific Crest Trail Section 7 is a 23.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Hesperia, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

23.5 miles 3803 feet Point to Point

Some light graffiti.. but it's not distasteful enough to discourage the beauty in nature.. the fall colors were amazing and the trail is nice.. tougher when you go off trail and down by the creek.. great place to go with another person or group..

What a great hike hiked from the highway173 to freeway 15 loved it

It's so over grown and full of thousands of bees. You can't get to the trail from the dam.

Update: Beware of snakes right now. I've hiked 10-mile stretches of this trail all around Silverwood lake lately and have encountered rattlesnakes twice in the last 3 weeks. The first one gave warning. The snake today did not, I was on top of it before it moved and then it coiled and only rattled about 5-10 seconds. Still don't know how I wasn't bit. I hike with poles and am very cautious. Two other hikers we passed had gone by there within 5 minutes without seeing it. There are parts of this trail that are very narrow, 6-10 inches wide because of the new spring growth. Please be aware!

Love this trail, looking forward to some long distance hikes in the future

I began this trail at the Saddle Dike. It's about a mile walk along a restricted paved road. The trail winds up the side of the mountain at the end of the dike. You can also go down to the creek but be prepared to cross the creek, more than once. The water is cold and I was lucky to have a change of clothes. I walked about a mile along the trail before taking an off trail down to the creek. There are a lot of wildflowers blooming and it was very serene. The trail is very high and narrow, and was even washed out in some areas. The parking area along the road is sketchy. There was broken glass everywhere where cars had been broken into. I went on a Tuesday though so it was mostly deserted.

I picked up the trail at the Silverwood Recreational Park where there is a free paved parking lot off of Pilot Rock Trail road. You have to head down the paved road about 1/8 of a mile to get onto the trail. Do not take the first trail as that is for off road vehicles, you know you're on the wrong trail when you see tire marks. I headed south on the trail. The PCT trail from here is very narrow and was a little washed out in spots due to recent rain. The trail runs parallel to the 173 highway for 2.5 miles so it's a lot of car noise and not very scenic, unless you enjoy wide dirt plains and cows. Just after 2.5 miles the trail heads into the canyons where it's very quiet and we didn't see any other hikers. After 3.5 miles we got to a peak where we turned around. If we head kept heading south we would have made it to the Dike and the creek side PCT trail where the famous bridge and hot springs are. Overall it was OK. I prefer trails that are far away from roads so it was kind of a disappointment. On the plus side there was very little gain in elevation so it was a leisurely walk in and out. Also, there were still patches of snow in shady areas. Hiked 2/6/16.

I hiked PCT with a group of 20 people entering off the 15fwy. I would consider the trail moderate in some areas but also strenuous. I went about one year ago around late fall early winter where the weather was about 17 degrees according to the car thermostat at 7am. There are amazing views, a few water streams, a bridge, an old dam and much wilderness beauty. My group was heading towards the deep hot springs, but I later found out we took the long way in. Although, I did not go completely to the hot springs with the group due to time constraints it is indeed a lovely place to hike. I only did 10 miles round trip, 2.5 hrs each way at moderate to slow pace in some areas and stopping for photos.

Started behind hesperia dam , stoped after camp ground , good 2 hour hike.

My sister and I Just did this tail from the 15fwy to Silverwood although we didn't make it all the way the scenery was amazing

I've hiked PCT from Holcomb Valley near Fawnskin in Big Bear to the Spillway in Hesperia. Great trail for serious hikers, we estimated 32-36 miles. There's a great camping site about 10 miles in, Holcomb Crossing, which features fire pits and an outhouse of sorts, not to mention great smelling sugar pines. A must do for a serious hiking trip. Passes thru the Deep Creek Hot Springs, where we took 2 days off to rest our weary bodies... Just don't let the Rangers catch you camping there!

ive hike this trail many times, from the dam up to the deep creek hot springs, its a must do

I only did thirtenn miles from silverwood lakes to the cajon pass. It was really beautiful, and their is a lot of exporing to do along this trail. Many different things to see. Well worth it.

I have tooken this part of the PCT near Silverwood Lake SRA. It was really nice