Pacific Crest Trail to Eagle Rock

Pacific Crest Trail to Eagle Rock is a 8.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Warner Springs, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from January until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a good trail if you want to do some flat out hiking through moderate terrain and don't want to make a climb out of it. You start out among oaks along a stream, which was dry when I went there, and emerge in open meadows with varied scrub vegetation. Some people see cattle, I was fortunate to see a deer as well. The rock formation was amazing and I could not figure out if it had weathered that way or got some help from certain wannabe sculptors. Geocachers will be delighted to find a lot of hides on this hike. I found 12 of them.

A great trail to run with no obstructions or hazards, and a decent amount of inclines to get a good workout in.

Great hike, hot day.. A fun out and backer

Went early morning about 8 to beat the heat. An hour out and and an hour back. Nice trail shaded the first half full sun back half. Eagle Rock impressive would go again.

Beautiful trail with tons of wildlife. Not a lot of elevation so it's not terribly difficult. Well marked. Hot as heck, though, so bring tons of water and maybe think about going when its not 90 degrees.

Great trail with spectacular views and wildlife. Good workout and had beautiful weather for the hike.

Excelente; beautiful day; nice -moderate hike ;
I recommend it!

Great hike a lot of pct challengers heading north while your going se but great trek

Great hike!!! Love it!

Easy hike. Scenery changes often, lots beautiful area.

Great trail! I found this trail to be easy to moderate. There was some elevation game, and out and back we logged 6.8 miles. There is a lot of shade in the beginning with beautiful trees and a stream flowing alongside the trail. Out by the eagle rock, it's more open with no shade, though. Beautiful sites, east to find, and a great workout!

Great hike! Not difficult. It was 7 miles to Eagle Rock and back for us. My 5 year old did it with no problem. Bring plenty of water. The scenery is just plain beautiful!

A must hike in SOCAL. Make sure you bring plenty of water.

Very enjoyable trail

Absolutely loved everything about this walk. A very gentle uphill which was manageable even for my 13 year old chihuahua. Woods and Meadows! The cows were a huge surprise especially when they came running at us! But they were friendly, just interested in my dog. They followed us for about a half mile about 10 steps from us!
I would do this hike again tomorrow!

Easy

This 6.5 out-and back trail is well maintained, clearly marked. About every mile or so the landscape seems to change, from lush riparian to desert to open plains, it's a really lovely hike with very little elevation gain. Beware the cow patties.

So much fun!! Pretty views with both sunny and shady spots along the way. The rock is really cool. It's a long 6 miles but well worth it!

Very nice rock formation at the end of our long hike. We actually came from Mount laguna via the PCT across the San felipes.