Ortega Falls

Ortega Falls is a 0.3 mile loop trail located near Lake Elsinore, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from December until May.

I went the day after a significant storm and it was amazing. Very short hike but worth it.

Ortega Falls

We used GPS to get right to the dirt parking lot where the Trail head began. There are no signs, but as soon as you park and look over the cliff you can see the Waterfall.

We originally planned on doing Ortega Falls and Tenaja Falls but the road past Ortega Falls was closed. We came from the 15 Fwy. Here are a few things you should know about the Hike....

~Adventure Pass is needed
~We clocked a 1.5 miles. We took the trail going towards the left. I have no idea if the one towards the right is easier.
~Wear long pants. My legs got scraped and bruised. You will be doing a lot of scrambling up and down the cliff. Almost as if you are rock climbing.

I also wear a long sleeve and wore gloves because it was cold and foggy the morning we went. They both helped during the hike. My arms were getting scraped by branches coming down the Canyon. And the gloves helped climbing back up.

Not a long hike and a really hard hike. But I had no idea what to expect. But it's a good little work out.

Hope my review helps.

Super awesome little hike. Great for the whole family. Lots of water at the falls currently, due to the heavy rain fall lately. Not sure how long it will remain high.

Is short but it gets up and down rocky medium effort needed.

rock climbing

This hike is supershort but it's a lot of up-and-down to 3 to 4 waterfall, totally worth it. We took our four and six-year-old and had a blast. Go after it rains.

no waterfall in late september, beautiful hike though, nice scene of the ocean through the mountain peaks

Nice little hike, unfortunately no water here in early June so I'd recommend coming after a few heavy rains in Fall or Spring. Cool views though!

A must see after a heavy rain. if you scramble to the top there are small rock pools to enjoy.

rock climbing

Good work out nice rock climbing no water :-(.

did this short trail, more of a beaten path than a trail. nice scenery for a short hike. highway noise is a constant. hoping for a waterfall because of the recent rains but it was a very small trickle. trailhead is a turnout with the path being visisible on the side the top of the falls is visible from the same turnout so you can see if there is any water on it.