Orcutt Hill Trail

Orcutt Hill Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Maria, CA that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Street parking on end of Yarrow drive. Walk west across an access road to trail head.

Good hike for beginners. The steep incline at the beginning is the hardest part, but the rest is easy. I've taken a stroller up there, as well as had my 2 year old hike it and she did well. Great view from the top, on a clear day you can see as far as the ocean! Awesome hike if you want to spend a few hours out.

Not bad but seeing as how it was my first time here and was unfamiliar with the trail it took me a while. I took some GoPro footage so maybe I can upload it on YouTube so you can see what the trail is like.

This is a truly lovely place to get out into some good old fashioned nature if you're not in the mood/unable to do a more strenuous hike. Lots of lovely photo ops, places to sit and journal, and different trails to explore. There are only a couple of slightly-intense uphills, otherwise it's pretty flat.

My first trail. I picked this place because it said "easy". For a first timer it seemed a little on the moderate side but its beautiful and so worth the moments of being a tad out of breath haha. Very natur-y So many nice people on the trail that helped us with where each trail led. Loved it! Going again tomorrow :)

Easy hike for my pregnant fiancee.

Beautiful. Nice workout.

Challenging to get up the first hill but easy the rest of the way.

There's a few trails to take around the Orcutt Community Park area. If you take the trail East at the main vehicle entrance to the park, it goes over slow rolling hills. Great beginner mountain biking trail. My wife was able to handle it and she didn't have to walk up any hills. However, the trail at the West end of the dog park within Orcutt Community Park which goes up to the water tanks is sandy, steep and difficult to ride. However, it's a short trail to the water tank and worth walking up the steep parts. Going down the back side was ridable, though.

Great day hike can see all of Orcutt and with new trail it's a pretty easy one

Great single track for most of the trails. Two 1.8 mile loops that are fun for families, beginners and moderate mountain bikers. very pretty park and well maintained trails. over all a great place.

Check out the new section of the trail west of the dog park. Main trail there is about 1.8 mile loop. Beautiful view from the top. Can see the sand dunes and ocean on clear days. No poison oak. Pretty eucalyptus groves and open spaces. Steep, sandy stretch in the beginning but easy from there. One of our favorite places to take our dogs.