Merced Bike Path

Merced Bike Path is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Merced, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Merced offers a decent bike path on the northern side of town that extends from McKee to Hwy 59 and North to some the newer developed neighborhoods. This bike path is a mixture of pavement and concrete and passes through several parks.

This path is the best place in Merced! I moved away to So Cal and when I came back, I was so happy to be biking, rollerblading, walking, and running on it again. My husband and I take our husky by skateboard and rollerblades. He loves to run! This path also joins (kinda) with Rascal Creek from McKee ( by the water tower) and also loops near Walmart (Across Olive) I noticed another person reviewed the unsavory well there are some homeless (sometimes) people but I'm not bothered by them. If you are roller blading or skateboarding, there are some rough patches here and there. So ultimately, biking, running, walking are best. The loop from McKee to G st around is 3.1 miles.

It's ok for where it is. Keep your eyes open for unsavory people though.

That should be McKee road not Keep. oops

I like this trail because it is easily accessible from a variety of places, it avoided busy, populated areas for the most part and it is an easy ride but with changing scenery so you never really get bored. The city has added some new sections and if you add in some very short sections on the main road which are never too busy, it gives a great tour of the city that takes anywhere from 1 to 3 hours to complete, depending on the weather, your bike and your fitness. A new section has been added which connects the lake road to the part that runs across the middle of the map down to Buena Vista. Or you can go a little further down Keep Rd to connect with the Bear Creek section. This will take you all the way to the back of Merced College from where you can go back to G St around the college. I usually finish the loop by going down G to the Old Lake Rd and take that towards the country club and to the western side of the lake. From there bike around the lake with the beautiful scenery of the lake and hills to UC Merced and take the path along Lake Road back to E Yosemite Rd. A very pleasant, safe ride. Just be careful on the few and short road sections

Overall, the Merced Bike Path is a great sheltered pathway to ride. It keeps you off the street and away from cars. Even though I've run this path on a mountain bike and dirt jump bike, it is very easy and doesn't offer a whole lot in the way of elevation changes or anything technical. I primarily ride this path for the exercise. There are some single track that do run along some of the path, but again, nothing real technical. It's a good idea to have sealant in your tubes or tube guards in your tires are there are several areas where thorns (goat-heads) get blown onto the path. When I got home I checked my tires and had about 15 thorns in my front tire. Most where just the thorn stuck in the tire, not the whole goat-head. Always ride prepared!! A patch kit could still leave you stranded!! I rate this path at only 3 stars because it doesn't offer a lot. It's pretty much just a bike path.