Old Stagecoach Road

Old Stagecoach Road is a 3.5 mile out and back trail located near Chatsworth, California and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Hiked from the bottom trailhead where Valley Circle, Lassen, and Baden cross, to the top trailhead on Lilac Lane. At the top you can see the San Fernando and Simi Valleys. The historical marker is along the trail at (34.261553,-118.628923). A great family hike, but 650 feet of elevation change is not for out-of-condition hikers.

I finally found the Stagecoach plaque! There is another trail head on Andora Ave. for Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park. There are trail maps but the plaque is not marked on the paper map. I used this existing trail map on this app and just started walking making my best guesses until my hike intersected the app's trail. Awesome view!

Temporarily closed

Looking forward to the hike but the park was closed

Closed due to hazardous waste.

The scenery was beautiful but I got very turned around with all the little trails going off in different directions. Enter the trail on Larwin off of Devonshire. Part of the trail was paved. I would do this again at a later time.

Great hike to explore and jump around on rocks.

One of my favorite mid week hikes!

About as neat as a trail in Los Angeles Incorporated can get. Sunrise views are pretty epic.

Pretty good hike. Not too difficult.

I hiked this trail ever since i could hike! since i was like 4 or 5. i know the chatsworth mountains like the back of my hand! in high school my friends and i would ditch class and smoke pot in these hidden areas i found for us. we called them our secret spots. I remember once i was so upset with my family that I ran away with a sleeping bag some food and a back pack full of my camping gear and stayed in the mountains for 3 days and 2 nights. i found some amazing spots there. i could never get lost there. i was always comfortable. as i got older my friends and I dropped acid here and over all enjoyed our adventures in nature. we almost never stuck to any specific trail we would just have a blast and find new spots! this is home for me. i cant believe i moved so far away from here… i miss it sooo much. damn, i just made my self cry. ='( home sick!