Off the Beaten Path in San Diego's Balboa Park

Off the Beaten Path in San Diego's Balboa Park is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near San Diego, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1.2 miles 19 feet Point to Point

Parts of Balboa Park that most San Diego natives don't know. Brought to you by a guide who grew up exploring the park. Welcome to Balboa Park! You are about to embark on a hidden journey to parts of the park that few people ever see. Thousands of people come to Balboa Park every day to see museums (like the San Diego Air and Space, Model Railroad and Timken) theatre (San Diego Junior, Starlight Musical and Old Globe), and other cultural and architectural wonders. But not you... In another era, I called this park my playground. While enrolled in Junior Theatre, an evening and weekend program in the park, I wasn't always honest about the times of classes and rehearsals. After being dropped off at the Casa del Prado Theatre (which is on this tour) my artsy friends and I spent hours and hours discovering this park. Included in this tour are just a few of the really cool things we uncovered in those days -- and more than a few of them are off the beaten track. Please enjoy this look at Balboa Park from my point of view.

No one has reviewed this trail yet. Be the first!