Oat Hill Mine Trail

Oat Hill Mine Trail is a 12.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Calistoga, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Steep uphill at the start moderates about the 1 mile mark.

Awesome hike first part is somewhat hot but you get random bits of shade throughout. Best view is a little after the fourth mile! Breathtaking views there. But from mile 4.5-6.2 not much going on honestly if you're not up for the whole thing hike to mile 4.5, soak it all in.. Then go back. Also good hike for dogs but right after mile 4 it gets rocky for a bit.. But me and my pooch made it! Fantastic hike!

One of my favorites. Great hike/trail run. Low traffics after mile three and great views.

Hot, rugged and rocky but worth it for the views and Pallisades

Trail is uphill the whole way, but a nice, moderate incline with plenty of shade along the way. I hiked until the trail split off to the Palisades trail, ate lunch and admired the view, then came back down. All in all I believe I took about 5-6 hours to complete the hike. The views of the valley and the palisades are beautiful. Next time when I have more time I'd like to do it as part of the greater Palisades/Mount Saint Helena hike. Definitely recommend!

*Be mindful to stay on the main trail, otherwise you encounter a LOT of poison oak. This was a wonderful hike, we went fairly early in the morning, didn't see a lot of people, walked a few miles, would definitely recommend.