Oakzanita Peak Trail

Oakzanita Peak Trail is a 5.8 mile out and back trail located near Descanso, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

There in November. So clear we could see Point Loma from the summit. One of the best panorama views in the county. Only saw one other group on the trail. Very peaceful. We'll be back!

Loved this hike and it has an amazing breath taking view.

Good trail I was the only one on the trail I didn't see or encounter another person the entire way. It was kinda cold today though glad I wore I long sleeve shirt, overall a good hike easy to follow trail and good scenery

Great views from the top!

Only hiked this trail from the trailhead to Monument Trail. It follows the highway and is narrow with some fallen trees. Pretty boring.

Oakzanita peak is a nice moderate trail going up to a peak with nice views of the surrounding area at the top. To the north, you get to see Cuyamaca Peak and other peaks in the area. The trails are in good condition and are a mix of fire road and trail all the way up the top of the peak.