Oak Oasis Open Space Preserve

Oak Oasis Open Space Preserve is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lakeside, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very easy hike, good for families. Very minimal inclines with rocks. The trail is just a loop. Most of the way you are surrounded by high shrubs so don't see anything, but once you reach the top there is a great view of the lake. Lots of rocks to climb along the loop. The first time we tried this trail our dog got some kind of thorn in his foot and couldn't walk, so we had to turn back. Came back another day without him to finish the loop. We did see a lot of dogs on this trail so it is dog friendly. Not sure I would do it again because it was a little too easy but seems great for families.

It was nice. At first you couldn't see any scenery because the shrubs around the trail were super high, but the garther you go, the more open it got. The view of the lake was beautiful.

I hike and ride horses there often. Great trail for a quick cardio workout or just to take your time and enjoy the scenery

Super fun and easy, perfectly shaded

RATTLESNAKES! This hike had a rattlesnake right on the trail- almost at the beginning. Not that you can judge a trail by that of course, but it is the perfect habitat for snakes so beware! It is extremely hot and has a lot of rocks. There is an amazing view about halfway through the trail, though. I don't recommend taking your old, small dog like we did, though. The sand in the trail was too hot for her!

Great lil hike with the bestie! Swore I saw a bobcat she says it was bark but I know what I saw-lil guy was just chilling in the Oak Oasis! Unscathed by the poison oak-lots of it on this quaint lil nature hike. Had a great time and the scenic outlook was rewarding! Lots of lil froggies-a lil bit of everything! Goodtimes!

Extremely quiet back in there, very peaceful. Watch your step! I found a rattlesnake 10 ft off of the main trail.

We did this hike on a spur of the moment and it was close by. We didn't know what to expect and when we arrived there was only one other vehicle parked. The area has some camping spots and seems to be extremely quiet all the time. Once you hit the scenic overlook area, there is not much more to see after it. The scenic overlook is beautiful and we loved just sitting there for awhile and talking.

Easy hike, great view of lake at far end of trail. Watch for poison oak!

The trail was short with a few steep inclines. Family friendly. Pleasant views for photos.

Great trail for beginners. Nice variety of scenery from plush shady meadows, to a beautiful mountain side view. Peaceful, very few people. Enjoy! :)

Easy quick pretty!

perfect trail for taking the family on.

Beautiful view of the lake, meadows and oak groves!

Easy with an awesome view of the lake!

This was nice beautiful hike!!!!

Hiked this around 10 this morning with my parents and my 9 year old daughter. It was easy and the oak meadows and shade are gorgeous. The lookout point was nice and breezy and I was so glad to see all the water in San Vicente. On the hike back we saw 2 horned lizards.

This is a beautiful trail! We are residents in Lakeside, so it was very easy for us to get to and a wonderful find!
We took our dogs today and it was around 80 degrees outside, beautiful weather with a nice breeze. Only ran into about 4 people as we hiked the entire trail. We loved sitting on the rocks overlooking the reservoir. The dogs loved being on the trail and were pooped by the time we got home. Overall the trail is pretty flat with a few steep climbs up and down, but the trailheads are easily marked and trails themselves maintained. This will be our new go-to spot to hike with our two blue heelers.