North Ridge Trail

North Ridge Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Redwood City, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Explore a section of the Bay Area Ridge Trail and hike through beautiful redwood groves in the Purisima Creek Redwooods Open Space Preserve.

Great trail!! Just be prepared to do a lot of uphill hiking!

Great little hike! Definitely a workout with a view!

My boyfriend, my brother and I all went when it was muddy and rainy which was an extra challenge. The trail itself is downhill at the beginning and then a lot of uphill. There is a dead end, so you'll have to do the trail all over again, but backward. I'm all about what will give me a good workout and this was GREAT for those who want to challenge themselves. There were people running and biking on the trail, which you'll have to keep watch of. I feel like it would have made the challenge much easier if it was not muddy. I thought the hike had pretty surroundings and I got a lot of great pictures.

Hope this helps!

Not as pretty as most of the hikes in Purisima but a little challenging especially after a rain. It gets pretty slick and washes out a little. A very good training hill.