North Ridge Trail

North Ridge Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Redwood City, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Explore a section of the Bay Area Ridge Trail and hike through beautiful redwood groves in the Purisima Creek Redwooods Open Space Preserve.

Great little hike! Definitely a workout with a view!

My boyfriend, my brother and I all went when it was muddy and rainy which was an extra challenge. The trail itself is downhill at the beginning and then a lot of uphill. There is a dead end, so you'll have to do the trail all over again, but backward. I'm all about what will give me a good workout and this was GREAT for those who want to challenge themselves. There were people running and biking on the trail, which you'll have to keep watch of. I feel like it would have made the challenge much easier if it was not muddy. I thought the hike had pretty surroundings and I got a lot of great pictures.

Hope this helps!

Not as pretty as most of the hikes in Purisima but a little challenging especially after a rain. It gets pretty slick and washes out a little. A very good training hill.

The parking lot was full at 11am on a Saturday, so get there early. The trail starts out with a lot of downhill, which of course means that you end with a lot of uphill. The views are beautiful, and the trail itself was not too crowded. The trail is well-maintained and provides a good workout.

The North Ridge trail does end abruptly, but is still a nice one. I also did the Harkins Ridge and Purisima Creek trails (although this was due to a silly goof-up in my planning).

Left at 7:15 PM to do a quick evening hike. Note that trail ends 0.2 miles before it shows on the AllTrails map. Took an hour 30. Two or three tough ascents/descents but overall it was a gradual gain and an easy hike.

Would've given it 5 stars if it didnt abruptly end! Gorgeous views and scenery though.

Beautiful views of the fog rolling in. Perfect variety of sunny open areas and lush ferny redwood forests. 2 deer. Zero mountain lions.

This was my first time using this app and couldn't have been more pleased with this trail. There were plenty of sub-trails to keep one hiking ALL DAY. North Ridge is moderate/hard. You will not be disappointed.

This was a somewhat easy trail with good views. I recommend hiking this one to be alone.in the wilderness. I saw very few hikers and one biker.

This is a good, secluded and wide trail. We took the 1.8 mile downward path to the creek then the 3mile path back up. certainly you can do the reverse to make it a more difficult climb on the return. We like this trail because it was a good challenge. the downward path was 1.8 mile of continuous down with no breaks. The 3 miles up was more level but good challenge. there are many redwood trees and fern ground cover along the whole trail. recommend it because you will sweat on this trail.

This is one of my favorite parks of all time. It is a fairyland of redwoods, plush trails with clover, creeks, and the occasional spotting of lady-bug congregations, banana slugs and mushrooms. Bring your camera!

The pictures here do not represent the portion of the Bay Ridge Trail near the location described. The Bay Ridge Trail in this area is across Skyline from Purisima Creek trails and the pictures do not represent this area either.

Love this trail. Love walking through redwoods and the plush greenery. There are a number of trails to choose from moderate to more challenging (depends on what you are in the mood for). I like to do around 7 miles or more and I usually start on the Half Moon Bay side and walk up the towards Skyline. That way the 2nd half of the hike is downhill.