North Fortuna via Rolling Hills

North Fortuna via Rolling Hills is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, CA and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, road biking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

42 minutes ago

Great views - looking for something more challenging though....

Fun hike with lots of views. lots of scenery to take in. Saddle trail or Rim trail to the summit will be a good work out.

Ever so challenging and ever so worth it on the glutes. It looks like you come to the freeway gate, but have faith once you see that it's all moderate.... worth every drop of sweat!

Great hike!

I've hiked, ran and mountain biked this trail both ways and it offers a greater challenge than any of the trails in the Five Peak Challenge. It's great training that makes me stronger but the loose sections up and down on the perimeter trail require patience and technique. It's work.

a

We went up the steep part and hit both peaks instead of making a loop.

great trail, approximately 5.7 miles round trip, pack water as some of those climbs will get you sweating like crazy. definitely worth checking out.

excellent hard hike that has potential to become longer due to unclear signs. a must do

This trail is very confusing and the signs are not well marked.

Trails were a bit confusing. View was great from the summit. Trail gets fairly steep towards the top of the summit.

Trail can be a bit confusing to follow at first. Rather easy until you come to the very steep incline towards the top. I'm actually pretty sure I took the hardest way up..oops. Made for a nice challenge though. View at the top was pretty but not breathtaking like I'd hoped.

It was a great hike up to north fortuna. Initially we thought we were hiking up to south fortuna but apparently went a mountain over and decided to go to north fortuna. I have hiked cowles many times and was expecting a similar challenge. This was more challenging and longer but a great trail and view of mission trails regional park which is a hidden gem of San Diego. Very empty trails and I like it that way. Cowles seems like an ant farm at all times so it's good to discover new good hikes that aren't so popular. Will def be coming back!

This was a nice long hike, not to vigorous but I like the challenge. A little confusing at first, but I fgured it out the 2nd time around. Once at the top you have some amazing views. Great way to spend an early Saturday morning :)