Etiwanda Falls Trail

Etiwanda Falls Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, CA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Nestled in the Etiwanda foothills is The Etiwanda Falls Trail. Part of the North Etiwanda Preserve, it is a nice out and back hike suitable for the whole family. Lots of great scenery and photo opportunities. There are also many informational markers along the way to explain the significance of this area in its role of water supply to the Inland Empire. The falls are found on National Forest property just outside of the current boundaries of the North Etiwanda Preserve. By going to the falls, you will cross over privately owned property which is not currently a designated part of the Preserve. The private property crossed is still a habitat preservation site for which the same conservation practices apply, although not fully affiliated with the Preserve at this time.

This was a great hike with a never ending incline to the falls. I loved this spot and went today since it rained all night and I knew the falls would look amazing! We took so many gtreat pictures. The hike is 4 miles and takes an hour and a half but if your not a regular hiker it might be a bit advanced. When parking take the gate entrance to your right after walking and running into the split road the left shows a hiker and the right a picnic table on the sign make sure you go right and follow the road to the falls.

It was a decent hike. the falls are very small this time of year. A few graffiti on the rocks by the falls diminished the sight. Right before you make it to the falls there is a big rock you can stand on that overlooks the area. best view on the entire hike.

The first tie we went we never made it to the falls. Got frustrated with the climb and gave up about half way. We took a side trail and had a nice level walk. The second time we went, we committed ourselves to get to the falls and we made it! It took about 2 hours to go up and back; with a little break at the falls to rest. It's quite an elevation climb if your not used to it. I recommend using a walking stick or trekking pole for light stability. Much of the trail is loose rock. Sunscreen is a must, not much shade until you get to the waterfall. We went early morning to beat the crowds and the heat of the day.

Great hike! The whole way to the waterfall is incline so it was difficult for me, but completely worth it! Will definitely hike this trail again!

The trail was extremely rocky and a real workout to the top. I would suggest leaving early because the trail get crowded quickly.

Loved this trail!! We hiked it with our 4 kids-- youngest being 5. Super rocky and the way up is at an incline so it's a great workout. Bring lots of water because there is no shade until you get to the top. The waterfalls were beautiful and there was an incredible view. Wish we would have brought a picnic or something for the top. Kids had fun playing in the water, climbing the rocks and exploring at the top. Definitely would do this again. Easy on the way back downhill.

Great local trail with various options to see a waterfall, early settlers habitat remains, wildlife and beautiful regional plants, flowers and trees. Various rest points with shade along the way, particularly around the lower loop that offers a panoramic view of the valley. Bring plenty of water and snacks to enjoy at the top of the waterfall or at the shade shelters that offer picnic tables. I've been coming here for 6 years and I was able to see 3 deer today along the loop trail. Love this place as a getaway from work and stress since the scenery is very California beautiful and serene. You'll encounter very nice people who will actually say hello when you great them!

I love this hike! I come here maybe once or twice a month. It's mostly an incline on the way up to the waterfall, so it's a nice workout. Once to the waterfall it's shaded and a very relaxing environment. The only downside is that It can get crowded with people, but there is small trails that at the top that provide seclusion

Road was a bit rough I may have not properly read the review it was very rocky but so worth it when we reached the waterfalls 2 amazing waterfalls at the end of the road a must do and see in person

Good hike
Tiring but when you reach the top it's nice and peaceful

Great hike. Its all incline so be ready. When you reach the top to scenery is beautiful and peaceful. This is a hike everyone must do.

it was awesome..tiring but we'll worth it

Hike is short and straightforward, following the wide trail up. There are not a lot of trees on the hike up, I prefer going earlier in the morning to avoid the heat on the way up. The small waterfalls and the creek are beautiful and a nice reward once you reach the top. I've explored going further up the creek and there is another trail, but I do not think it is well tracked, but it is fun to wander into!
Also there is a lot of trash I usually fill up a bag of trash that people discard on the way up, let's all try to keep our trails clean!

the hike gives you a very good work out. But it's best to go early in the morning because the heat wheres you out. Beautiful scenery
at the top of the hike