Nimitz Way Trail

Nimitz Way Trail is a 8.4 mile loop trail located near Orinda, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A loop option from Inspiration Point that offers stunning views of the entire park. This is also the Bay Area Ridge trail From Inspiration Point head north on the Nimitz Way Trail

If you want astounding 4 bridge views this is the place. Sometimes crowded in the beginning but if you go out to where pavement ends you can see a canyon with coyotes laying in wait for calves of the grazing cattle or even dogs if you are not cautious and allow them to be enticed into the chase. Try it and like it.

Good trail (or road in some places) with good views.

I started from Inspiration Point, following the Nimitz Way, Laurel Canyon Road, Meadow Canyon trail, Curran Trail and finally back to where I started. This loop also toke me to the Tilden Nature Area and the Visitor Center.

Paved trail for the first mile or two then there are some trails you can take to get off pavement. Lost of bikers on the weekend. Parking can get tough also on the weekends.

Fun ride and apart from the crazy moggel downhill easy ride

Take Nimitz out beyond where pavement ends, up to the top of the hill for one of the best views in the Bay Area. Four bridges, Mounts Tam and Diablo, Red Tail Hawks and Golden Eagles above and coyotes stalking cattle in the canyon below. It does not get any better than this!

It was a great hike with beautiful views. It started raining so we had to turn back half way. I would definitely do this hike again. It has paved road with very slow elevation gain through out so it's an easy hike.

This is an awesome easy trail with great views. As a hiker I took this trail slot when I was recovering from an ankle injury because it is mostly paved and even. I still take it for the views. Yes it is leash only for dogs, but the Meadows/Wildcat/Curran loop is just beneath it, and it is off leash. my dog loves both trails.

When I lived in Berkeley, this was one of my go to bike trails. The trail is paved and wonderful for biking through the hills, with some great vistas. Not as great for a hike, as there are a good deal of bikes.

dogs must be on leash