New Almaden Trail

New Almaden Trail is a 14.1 mile loop trail located near San Jose, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park at the Mockingbird Hill entrance

Kinda rocky but it's a good hike.

trail is nice with kids

The fact that there's a lot of shade on this trail is a great + to me. Enjoyed a few historical sites along the way and my dog enjoyed cooling down a creek stream on our way back to the parking after a nice walk. Will definitely come back and enjoy the trails more!

Just perfect. Great work out for all of us!

geocaching

Extremely scenic, didn't get to finish due to time restriction. Little river crossings. Waiting to go again and follow all the way through!!(:

Perfect

We take this loop is about 18 miles and most climbs are able to be made. Nice down hill runs and great scenery especially around the golf course.

My 7 year old and I only saw 1 person on the 3 Mike trail up and around the Almaden hills. The trail is steep, but rewarding. Great views of the valley. There are tons of trails in this park, and we plan to walk them all over next two weeks.

Really pretty area that is right outside of the city and provides a lot of great views of San Jose and the neighboring areas. There are a huge multitude of trails in the park here. Some are challenging, some are not. Some are in forest and some are exposed ridges. I preferred the single track trails the best. Spring time will provide the best wildflower viewing and many say that this is the best time of year. I say all times of year are the best!!