Mystic Canyon and Upper Monroe Trail

Mystic Canyon and Upper Monroe Trail is a 9 mile out and back trail located near Glendora, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from October until May.

I went just before sunset and the view was absolutely beautiful!! Difficult to go down Poop out trail if you don't have the proper shoes. This trail was perfect since I didn't have have much time before it got dark.

Difficult trails if you look for good work out...this is it. We enjoyed it but not for kids. Too steep some area.

Went all the way out, up, and down poop out trail loved it. Great quick workout

Steep! Good workout if you're short on time. Up and back is 2.6 miles. Alternate route back via the more gradual Lower Monroe Trail (turn left downhill when you reach the top, then a left at each of two roads when you reach the bottom) makes it a 4.5 mile loop.

Challenging and fun. Good workout. Highly recommend trekking poles for the descent.

I enjoyed climbing very much, but coming back down was just too difficult for today. Very dry and sandy terrain. I kept sliding down because the Earth would slide beneath my footing. Going up was an awesome challenge for me. We went up and came back down the same way. I did not see any other trails. Dont recommend taking little ones. The Dam Trail is better if you was easy stroll

This is a great workout/hike. Starts out with a huge incline and doesn't let up. There are lots of other trails along the way for other adventures. I ended up exiting through the poop out trail. That one is ridiculous!

I followed the directions the All Trails app gave coming from Route 66 & Lonehill. Soon after you turn right onto Big Dalton Canyon Rd., you'll see 2 wooden poles on your left that say Mystic Canyon Trail & Big Dalton Canyon Trail. Right across the street from those poles is free parking. Trail is very steep at times & has a lot of rocks so you can't really run much but overall nice trail & worth doing!

Very steep, saw several people fall and eventually I slid a few feet myself. :(

Several small parking spots. No signs but you should see something that looks like a dam on your left w a parking lot.

Loved this trail and found several others coming up here... Good incline awesome hike def one of my favs now

Love this trail. Multiple trails to the top, and some are very steep and difficult, while others are pretty easy yet pretty long. The easier ones can work as jogging trails and the harder ones provide a great workout. Not crowded. Great trail. Lots of other trails in the area of Big Dalton, all great.

Love this trail. Pretty strenuous, but manageable. Leads to Upper Mystic Canyon Trail, which provides an even better workout and crazy views. Multiple trails lead up to the top of Mystic Canyon Trail (poopout trail, and one more), and multiple trails lead up the mountain from where Mystic Canyon Trail stops. Some are easier and can work for jogging, while others are very hard.

This site lists this trail as difficult and Glendora's trail guide says it is strenuous. I concur.
The trail is not too long, but it starts out steep and keeps it up with not much let up.
At the end of the trail you can hook up with Lower Harmon or Big Dalton to stretch it out. I followed Lower Harmon up and out almost to GMR 3+ miles away and then back for about 9 miles RT. Going this way you'll pass the beginning of Poop Out trail which looks like a mankiller and way too difficult to contemplate on a hot August morning.
Bring a hat and bug screen and plenty of water, these trails are well worth exploring. I'll definitely be back.