Murietta Canyon Trail to Murietta DivideTrail

Murietta Canyon Trail to Murietta DivideTrail is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ojai, CA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Ventura: Travel north on Highway 33 to Matilija Canyon Road and turn left (west). Drive up Matilija Canyon Road to a locked gate.

How do u enter this trail?? I didn't see any signs for it

We really like this hike. Took my parents on it( who are in their 70s). They're in great shape but still have to be cautious and had no problems. Lots of poison oak and poison ivy. Frequently encountered overgrown sections of trail. Recommend wearing pants. Trail is overgrown in places. Camp site has 3 iron grates/ rings for cooking. Great site for hammocks. Easy trail for all ages.

I loved it even though we got lost because we where goin to matilija trail and ended doing murieta trail my kids had fun and wet at the river crossing beautiful trail on a warm day

Very nice trail go deep in some mountains. We go throw a little forest filled with great rocks.