Mule Hill Trail

Mule Hill Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Escondido, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

long flat trail. not much to see. good for long trail runs.

Back on this trail for a second time in about a week. Took my 9 year old with me for a short 2.25 mile walk and history lesson. We then headed to Kit Carson Park for some additional father daughter time.

This trail was rated as easy and it certainly was. My goal was to hike quickly along the trail to the Raptor Ridge View Point. Out and back I logged 10.81 miles in 3 hrs 33 min, taking time for lots of stops to take pictures and read about Mule Hill and town of Bernardo. As others have stated this trail is very flat. My entire elevation gain today was 903'. The majority of that coming about a half mile or so from Raptor Ridge View Point. There were lots of benches and picnic tables along the trail. I really enjoyed the history lesson at provided about one mile in. I plan to take my 9 year old on a two mile out and back (for the history) then stop at the farmers market which I think opens at about 10 am on Saturday. This is a great family outing/picnic place.

Pretty flat...not much shade. Would like to try it after some heavy rain.

Flat, Easy, Sandy, but no cover! I can't imagine doing this in summer. Blazing sun the whole way.

I decided to try out a new trail and was looking for one that was longer than the one I'm used to. This fit the bill perfectly.
It loses a star because a few sections of the train are super sandy which makes it difficult to push a stroller through, even though mine is made to go off-road. Overall though this train is beautiful and interesting!

Found this trail by mistake late in the afternoon. Hiked/walked it from North County Fair entrance on Bear Valley to intersection with Raptor Ridge. Round trip about 6 miles. Flat and easy. Not a lot of tree cover, so I would recommend starting in the morning. I prefer more diverse scenery, but might try biking it some time.

The trail was nice. Beautiful area. Very flat though. Not a hike. And the map on here has you go under the freeway, that is wrong. It takes you away from the freeway.

Great flat trail, well maintained, and a history lesson too - can't beat that!

Nice flat trail with history markers along the way

Wonderful trail with a gorgeous view of the valley as a reward.