Muir Woods Trail

Muir Woods Trail is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mill Valley, CA that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Park at the Muir Woods Visitor Center.

Nice walk through the redwoods. There is a $10 fee to get into the park and the parking situation is challenging because it's a bit of a tourist trap.

We loved the giant Redwood trees and the hiking trail was nice.

The redwoods are amazing if you are in this area you should definitely check them out. The trail is well constructed and maintained. It is a national park so there is a park fee but it's worth it.

This is my first time here and I just love it. I can't wait to go back again. Hope will be soon.

Beautiful trail among the redwoods!

Great way to see Muir Woods from a higher vantage point above the creek.

Went here with family years ago and most recently with my husband on our honeymoon! Absolutely beautiful hiking through the redwoods. Crowded on initial trail near visitor center, but crowds significantly decrease as you get further from the visitor center. Would definitely go back here!

Best place to get away into nature in San Fran as long as you don't mind sharing it.

Go first thing in the morning in summer or early on a weekday to beat the crowds.

SO amazingly beautiful! Great family hike!

Fun hike for the family. Starts off in a tourist area since it is a national monument, but then stems off onto the mountains. We actually went on the Ocean View trail then looped back around to get back onto the highlighted path. Beautiful scenery even without much rain.

I absolutely loved this trail!! It honestly felt like I was at Jurassic park, no joke! We went in early January and it was foggy, so it even looked more mysterious. I recommend it to everyone!