Mountt Olympia north Peak via Waterfall Trail

Mountt Olympia north Peak via Waterfall Trail is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clayton, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from February until November.

This was a great and hard hike for me. It was cold at north peak near the towers good thing I was wearing a hoodie and windbreaker. I'd rate this as a difficult hike for someone who's out of shape.

Great hike in the winter or spring after some good rain. Not usually any water going in summer. Nice to get off the wide roadbeds and on single tracks for the falls, The 1st time I did it was with a friend whose natural hiking speed was faster than mine... It was more like trail running for me! It was good for me!

my experienece:

This was my intended route, but got off track and added almost a mile in my total hike to the summit. Excellent scenery. Heavy poison oak in areas, specifically Middle Trail. Beware and enjoy.