Mt. Baden-Powell from Dawson Gap

Mt. Baden-Powell from Dawson Gap is a 15.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Valyermo, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Incredible desert and mountain views, one of the best 360 in So Cal This is a great hike through one of the best places in the Angeles Forest. This is wonderful high country hiking along one of the best sections of the PCT in Southern California. This trail is pretty straightforward, lots of steady up grade to the top, you can venture off on the side peaks as well. Throop and Burnham only add 350 feet in elevation gain and .5 to your mileage. Throop is worthwhile, Burnham is just a bump on the trail, but a must if you are peak bagging. The view from Baden Powell is spectacular, even on a day obscured by fires, or haze. The high country is amazing. You can even choose to follow along the ridgeline the entire way if you wish. One of the most outstanding things about this trail is that you can see where you are going and where you have been along the entire route. In my book, that always exemplifies a great trail.

Spectacular! Lots of shade along the way. Trail offers up and down both ways. Caution we have encountered rattlers three times on this trail

Views are unbelievable. Great mid distance hike

I loved this trail. It was well marked, and had amazing views! Totally worth the time and effort.

Woke up early and was on the trail by 0500, I got to the end of the trail in time to see the sunrise. It's a beautiful trail going up and down. This is the perfect spot to catch a fresh breath of air, embrace nature and clear your mind.

I will definitely do this hike again. It is strenuous, and the elevation is high. It is great for conditioning.

Awesome trail! My favorite so far this year. Beautiful, scenic forest and views the whole way. We did about 9.4 miles total, as we also threw in the short side trip to the summit of Mount Burnham enroute to Baden-Powell. I was definitely a bit sore the next day (I aint proud), but it was well worth the effort. It was an experience not to be soon forgotten.

A really good hike with phenomenal views. Some of the most rewarding by far.