Mount Wilson Trail

Mount Wilson Trail is a 12.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sierra Madre, California that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

210 to Baldwin Avenue. Baldwin north to Mira Monte. Mira Monte east (right) to trailhead located behind historic general store.

After two miles, no one on the trail but me. Even on a holiday.

Awesome! just hard, but awesome

Awesome trail. Real challenge comes from first 2.5 miles. Not a lot of foot traffic which is good. On really cold days they supplied complimentary coffee / coco

Good hike. I'm a frequent hiker and took my wife out for this one. She isn't a big hiker and she did good. Take a good amount of water, camelpak for ease of hiking. For beginners, take your time. Don't rush. There is a lot of climbing on this but the view is worth it at the end. Recommend to start relatively early to get good parking. LA Forest / San Bernardino Permit required for parking. You can also purchase an annual permit. There is a small market. Ask around.

Great hike - one of the tougher ones. I recommend it!

Very hard up to Wilson. Scenic and canopied after First Water. Watch for the bear family around Orchard Camp.

over 5000 feet climbing with 14 mile around trip! I am proud of myself. Nice weather, friendly even road, good view! However, we saw an adult bear...

Great hike and very physically demanding specially if you carry more than 15 lbs. the waterfall is currently dried up due to the severe drought. Be very careful, I had a scary encounter with a black bear and her cub. The black bear stalked me and I thought she was surely going to charge. I was by myself so I made a lot of noise and eventually I had to climb up to once of the cement dams that was nearby. The black bear lost interest after that but it was definitely scary. Overall great hike thought!

Challenging in a hot day:)