Mount Ralston-Tahoe Rim Trail

Mount Ralston-Tahoe Rim Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pinecrest, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Sacramento: Travel east on Highway 50, turn south onto Scenic Byway 49 and travel about 60 miles to Highway 108. Turn initially east (1/4 mile west of Strawberry) then south at the 42 Mile picnic site. Take a right across the bridge following Packsaddle Pass Rd for one mile to the junction of Strawberry Canyon Rd. Take Strawberry Canyon Rd for 1/2 mile to the trailhead

Very difficult, but well worth the climb. Steep incline and beautiful views.

Started our hike up Mt Ralston a bit late in the day but no issues finishing, just warm. Well worth the climb as the view from the summit is BEAUTIFUL! As my husband stated the hike up was a ball buster - for me the hike down was an intense workout as well. We highly recommend this hike and we will definitely do it again!!

I haven't yet completed this trail but wanted to leave a review since there aren't any. I took my 5 year old son here and we only made it I would guess about a mile in. The trail was sloped and tired him out quickly but for most adults it shouldn't be too difficult and its a nice little walk through the forest. Even though we didn't make it far once you reach the shoulder its easy to stray off the path a little for an awesome view of Lovers Leap and Horsetail Falls. Nice trail that I cant wait to do alone so I can finish it! Very easy to find right off the road and you can park next to the road if the parking up the dirt road at the actual trailhead is full.