Mother Miguel Trail

Mother Miguel Trail is a 11.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bonita, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Will work out your legs. Beware of rubber legs on the way back.

Meow

This trail is actually 7 miles in and out to the flag. If you do all 11 miles you will end up at the beginning of the Rockhouse. There is no shade at all so try not to do it on a hot day. Nice incline for about 1.5 miles. Good work out and a nice view of the city and lake.

Great hike

Great hike one of my favorite hikes in San Diego. Amazing view at the top. It is a must hike if you have never hiked it before

Stop cutting across the switch backs!!

Easy hike for the entire family, dog and 3 yr old alike.

Great

Started from the street near the park. I never did see a sign and ended up hiking to the top of the hill with the horse trail. Retraced my steps and moved over to the dirt road that eventually took me up to the top.

MTB review. First, start from sweet water reservoir (ask park rangers how to get there). The first part if the trail is all pretty easy - just make a left sling bank, and keep right after power station and wrap around the mountain It's all uphill but not bad. Once you wrap around the mountain you will see stadium lighting, a ravine and an odious trail making its accent up the mountain from the canyon. The mountain is very steep, but there are a lot of switchbacks to get up there, USE THEM! This is the most difficult and grueling part of the trail! After that just follow the ridge line along the east side of the mountain and up to the peak. It's almost entirely single track and mostly compacted dirt. The lines if sight are long and you can really get some speed on the way down. Its a great ride, great cardio, great challenge and a blazing down hill. Bring an energy bar and lots of water!

This is NOT The trail for Mount Miguel. It is in a completely different area. Be careful you will get lost.

My husband and I tried to find the hike today and google took us to too different places that were wrong. We went to San Miguel community park because a park ranger at sweet water park told us that the hike was there.. It wasn't. There were some trails but it wasn't this one.. Does anyone have the exact trailhead address?

Tried to do this hike the other day but it was closed about 2 miles in. Disappointing the hike was cut short.

Tough hike, especially with the 28-lb packs my husband & I were toting (training for Whitney). We did it today - hiked up to the flag, then bushwhacked a bit to get back to the east-bound trail to the top of San Miguel (the flag marks the halfway point to San Miguel). There are NO switchbacks - this trail is straight up & straight down. We saw lots of wildlife, and lots of people too (not like Cowles, but still more than I anticipated). There are lovely views and there was a nice breeze coming up the ridge.

There is no shade, so bring plenty of water. We decided to leave our dog at home this time so we could practice with our trekking poles, and we're glad we did - most of the trail is on loose scree.

There are no facilities anywhere along this trail.

Great views

This was a great challenge for me. Such an awesome view from the top.