Morton Ridge Trail

Morton Ridge Trail is a 5.1 mile out and back trail located near Highland, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Morton Peak Lookout Morton Peak Lookout is located off Hwy 38, overlooking the cities of Yucaipa and Mentone. Though it is one of the lowest lookouts (elevation 4624 feet), it has spectacular views of Mill Creek leading up to Forest Falls as well as surrounding views of Mt. Palomar, Keller Meadows,

Not much of a hike, more like walking along a service road. The view at the top is really nice and if you stay for sunset it's very pretty. You can drive up if the gates are all unlocked.

Nice maintained road. Lightly traveled, although there are doe trucks that will drive by at time and dust you out

broad trail easy to walk on. the gradation is not too steep.

it's been like months since my last visit. wait for me soon. :)

I hiked from the east side. You do not need an adventure pass. You can drive up to where the road splits if you want to get to the peak quicker. The trails are wide and not too rough with a chance to see some wildlife.

Great 5.5 mile round trip hike to a fire lookout. Views of Yucaipa, Mentone, and Redlands. The first mile is the steepest, then left at the gate and continue about 1.75 miles to the top.

I explored this trail with my friend in the afternoon. Since it's winter we only had 2 litres of water, which was enough. We saw a beautiful sunset from the top, and the moon was so bright we were able to walk by its light. It was a perfect and easily doable hike.

My son and I hiked to Cram peak from this point. I am not sure if this is Morton Ridge. I could not find the name of the Ridge on any map.
This trail is not used very much. It is very steep and no shade. Bring plenty of water. I brought my Camelback and two extra bottles. I am so glad I did. one thing I wish I would of wore is pants or boot guards. We had to keep cleaning out our boots from the brush.

This trail is a good work out. Enjoy come prepared.

The trail varies from pretty easy to moderately difficult. I got lucky because it was a clear day, so from the top I could see the entire valley, it was beautiful.