Mori Point and Sweeney Ridge Loop Trail via Skyline College

Mori Point and Sweeney Ridge Loop Trail via Skyline College is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Bruno, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

A nice trek along the Ridge and then down to the coast and looping back up to the Ridge. Awesome views. NOTE: There are no dogs allowed on the trail between Skyline College and Sweeney Ridge as it is a butterfly reserve.

I really enjoyed this trail with friends and went over to Half Moon Bay and enjoyed the Orchard Nursery before heading back. We parked at Skyline College. I was glad we started in the fog as the steps in the heat may have been more challenging! Graffiti bunkers, Mori Point, ocean views and wildflower added to a nice hike!

Lovely views but I agree it is difficult especially if you do the entire trail. The mile from Skyline College to Sweeney Ridge Trail is not dog friendly. No dogs are allowed because it is a butterfly reserve.

Whoever decided this trail is 'moderate' is either in Olympian shape or sadistic. Or this app's algorithms got this wrong. I am a pretty avid hiker and do trails of all levels, and this rivals some of the more strenuous ones. I do think I made a mistake in what direction I chose to go in when first starting out (Go left!!), but either way you are facing a steep and relentless climb back up. The views are pretty enough, but if I put this amount of effort into something, I want spectacular- and it's not that. Mori Point is the obvious highlight though it's definitely not the prettiest stretch of coastline the Bay Area has to offer. I don't regret doing the hike, but not the best and it was definitely a better workout than I was prepared for. Also, I started from Skyline College, and it's close to a mile away from the trailhead, so this was unexpected added distance.

Great hike but I think it's a bit more than the moderate rating they've given here. There is a lot of climbing and if the sun is out it can be very hot as there is little cover. Also, you have to cross the highway at one point so be ready to scramble across quickly.

You start at the top of the ridge with amazing views of both the ocean and bay and then hike down to the ocean. We saw a bunch of whales right off Mori point. This hike also includes the SF Bay Discovery point. I'd definitely go again.