Monserate Mountain Trail

Monserate Mountain Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fallbrook, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from September until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Plenty of parking right off the road.

Great workout! Views as far as the eye can see from the summit. Bring loads of water!!

Not much for looks but this is a great workout. There is up to 1600 ft elev gain depending on the route you take. Don't try this if you haven't hiked recently or are a beginner. It can gain over 600 ft elev in the first mile!! If you want to train for Sierra mountains trips do this 2-3 times a week for a couple months. When you can summit the long route in under 50 minutes you will be ready to rock and roll!!
It can get hot!! so bring water and electrolytes and wear shoes with good traction. Also go early or late in the summer. There are also some beautiful sunsets at certain times of the year

Great hike right off the 15 freeway. I often do this hike on my way home from work. Its a tough one right from the beginning......a definite leg burner. The views are amazing from every vantage. I highly recommend going early in the day or later in the day to avoid the heat.

for me at 66 years old and out of shape haven't hiked in over 30 years.... It was hell on Earth

loved this trail. was a cloudy day and once I got to the top, I was above the ☁ clouds!

I went for the first time with some girls from zumba it was really tought but it was really fun...

One tough hike! A must!

Today was probably my 6th time on this trail. I wanted a short, but challenging hike and Monserate didn't let me down. I ended up with a total of 4.33 miles today,. Of course you can do a lot of things on this hike to change the distance and the challenge. Only 2.33 miles to the top at 1570ft elevation; however, the elevation gain going up was 1523ft. The start point is at about 400ft. The weather was perfect, I had my "10 Essentials and beyond", and I carried 6 liters of water for added weight. This is excellent training for more challenging hikes. Next up for me is San Jacinto tomorrow to complete the So Cal Hiker 6 Pack of Peaks Challenge and the 52 Hike Challenge. Personal celebration coming tomorrow.

This hike kicked my butt and i Loved every minute of it. I have done a couple different hikes, I must say this is my favorite! 4miles of greatness!!!

Good workout hike. Looks like it would be a lot harder if one does it counterclockwise. Good views off the back side.

One of my hardest hikes. It's like Mt. Woodson

The address given isn't correct

Great hike at the first trail marker go right downhill on the paved path around the mountain you will climb a steep mountain to the water tower then continue along the path to the stairs till the road comes to a fork head right up a short path to the peak to sign the book before heading down the mountain

Hard when it is midday with the heat.

nice and hard!

Nice hike

Not too bad of a hike since you go up then down otw back. No shade, I'd recommend morning hikes and enough water. Have fun!

Great butt workout! This mountain has some steep trails and just enough leveled spots to catch your breath. There were just the right amount of other hikers on a Friday morning to feel safe. By the end (9am) the lizards were out, so I'd probably only use this trail in the mornings. -1 star because we need to repair crevices due to water and maybe cut back some of the bushes, so rattlers don't have resting spots on the trail. I wore one headphone in a part of the time because you can here I15 traffic. I enjoyed this hike and will be back!