Monserate Mountain Trail

Monserate Mountain Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fallbrook, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from September until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Plenty of parking right off the road.

The address given isn't correct

Great hike at the first trail marker go right downhill on the paved path around the mountain you will climb a steep mountain to the water tower then continue along the path to the stairs till the road comes to a fork head right up a short path to the peak to sign the book before heading down the mountain

Hard when it is midday with the heat.

nice and hard!

Nice hike

Not too bad of a hike since you go up then down otw back. No shade, I'd recommend morning hikes and enough water. Have fun!

Great butt workout! This mountain has some steep trails and just enough leveled spots to catch your breath. There were just the right amount of other hikers on a Friday morning to feel safe. By the end (9am) the lizards were out, so I'd probably only use this trail in the mornings. -1 star because we need to repair crevices due to water and maybe cut back some of the bushes, so rattlers don't have resting spots on the trail. I wore one headphone in a part of the time because you can here I15 traffic. I enjoyed this hike and will be back!

This trail is my training and conditioning trail! I love it! It is 4.9 miles according to my fitbit and my iPhone. It is just steep enough to make a great glute and hammie workout. Its a good trail for all levels because you can make it as hard or easy as you choose. I recommend wearing good trail shoes because it is pretty rocky in certain areas. It is hikeable in the summer months. You just need to make sure you go very early and bring of water. There is no shade. it has become quite popular over the past year and half. I've hiked it over 30 times.

This trail was rad. I use a 40 pound weight vest on all my hikes and it was an awesome workout to get to the top. The wife and puppy had a good time and the views from every anywhere on the trail were rad especially when the fog burned off. Definitely gonna come back. It was challenging but was well worth the journey to the top. Enjoy!

This trail was longer, steeper and much hotter than I expected it would be. There are a couple off shoots but I followed the map. It was 4.2 miles and the initial climb was a rather steep 1.7 miles with an elevation gain of 1200 ft. Great workout and fantastic views from the top!!

I enjoyed this trail and would do it again.

I enjoyed this trail

I really liked this trail. The difficulty of this one is really going to be based on your level of fitness and what kind of exercise you do regularly. I walk 2-3 miles a day in the morning and 1-2 miles in the evening. I could walk all day on a flat surface, but these steep inclines kicked my butt! It worked all angles of my legs and glutes. I was super sore the next day, but it was really fun. Don't be scared off though by some of the reviews- there are people of all fitness levels on this trail. As long as you bring lots of water, listen to your body, and pause when you need to you'll be fine.

This is a tough trail. According to my Suunto Traverse, it was a 1430 feet ascent to the top, and 4.20 from the parking lot. Steep, lots of loose rock, no shade. You really need to have good shoes. I have Ahnu Mendocino leather boots and I slipped on loose rock and landed on my rear end, on the backside heading down to the water tower from the summit. Can't believe I saw a woman with a baby on the summit taking a selfie. With all the loose rock, ruts, etc. it is not difficult to slip. Great workout. Close to Pala Casino.

This trail is super fun! I've been doing it since I was a kid - bring lots of water because it is more difficult (uphill and little shade) the views are spectacular. Probably not as little kid friendly because of the difficulty.