Monserate Mountain Trail

Monserate Mountain Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fallbrook, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Plenty of parking right off the road.

Great hike. Not a difficult hike overall. You will see children on the hike with their parents all the time. Great view of the surrounding valley at the top

First trail hike in California. Healthy pitch to hike. Totally doable though. I'll be back.

Was a little challenge for me going up, but had a great time. :)

A little bit muddy today

Beautiful trail with some lovely views off the ridge especially in the morning. Mainly uphill and challenging, but very comfortable at any level at own pace. One downside, as we came down back to the parking area, we saw broken glass everywhere. There were at least two cars that we saw broken into that morning. Fortunately mine was okay because I put my purse in the trunk. Please remember to hide all valuables. Other than that, great day.

Mostly up hill, gave a good cardio work out. glad it did this one on a cooler day, temperature was mid 70's. Awesome views once up top of the peak.

Absolutely love this trail as a local training trail. You can hike it, run it or bike it. Today I took some family friends on a nice easy stroll. Then we had Nessy Burgers!

Overall a great hike. Majority of it is on an incline. Rocky surfaces. Great views. Easy to find, east to park and easy to find the trail. Was not too crowded. Would do again for sure. Leave the little ones at home unless you want to carry them!

Very cool. First time hiking in a long time and I was definitely winded going up. Really liked it and would totally go again. Fairly crowded though.