Monserate Mountain Trail

Monserate Mountain Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fallbrook, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Plenty of parking right off the road.

Beautiful trail. Easy to get to and find. I found it to be moderate. A good incline, but not too difficult in my opinion.

Monserate is not for beginners. I recommend hiking footwear to decrease risk of injury though I saw several in tennis shoes. There are washout areas along the trail and the terrain is rocky. I saw two guys running this trail but leave that to the experts. It was a busy Saturday morning with lots of dogs. I saw several piles of poo on the trail unfortunately. We did the 3.9mi loop in 2.5 hours, with a 15 min. summit time. You have the opportunity to make the trail longer by using the fire road along the water tower, among other paths. The incline makes for great for short training hikes, as well as the convenient location right off I-15, with plenty of parking. No facilities, no shade (except the NW side early am), bring water.

This trail is a quick jump off the freeway and has a nice steady incline. One of my favorites!

Good hike! No restrooms and the loop is a lot longer than you might think so make restroom visits before you start this hike.

Very steep

All uphill, 360 view at the top. It was aight. Psalm 28:7.

Awesome!!!

Nice challenging hike with beautiful views along the way!!

It's a tough one for beginners. Wow! Great hike though. :)

This was my first hike about a week ago. I really enjoyed it.

Great workout! Views as far as the eye can see from the summit. Bring loads of water!!

Not much for looks but this is a great workout. There is up to 1600 ft elev gain depending on the route you take. Don't try this if you haven't hiked recently or are a beginner. It can gain over 600 ft elev in the first mile!! If you want to train for Sierra mountains trips do this 2-3 times a week for a couple months. When you can summit the long route in under 50 minutes you will be ready to rock and roll!!
It can get hot!! so bring water and electrolytes and wear shoes with good traction. Also go early or late in the summer. There are also some beautiful sunsets at certain times of the year

Great hike right off the 15 freeway. I often do this hike on my way home from work. Its a tough one right from the beginning......a definite leg burner. The views are amazing from every vantage. I highly recommend going early in the day or later in the day to avoid the heat.

for me at 66 years old and out of shape haven't hiked in over 30 years.... It was hell on Earth

loved this trail. was a cloudy day and once I got to the top, I was above the ☁ clouds!

I went for the first time with some girls from zumba it was really tought but it was really fun...