Strawberry Lake Trail

Strawberry Lake Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Shaver Lake, CA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

The fish are fairly small in all the lakes except Coyote Lake. The smaller lakes freeze solid in the winter and have to be restocked every year. Apparently, Coyote Lake is deep enough that some fish survive the winter. Trail conditions can change without notice.

Great trail. Will be doing it again soon. Weather was not good on the first day so the trip ended at west lake, but I will do the full trail next time.

off road driving

Strawberry is a good trail moderate expect to hit stock but 35s makes it a cake!!!

off road driving

I did both in my jeep. it is modified and I had a good spotter with me. great trail and nice lakes.

off road driving

I ran Strawberry lake alone. I have a highly modified 2nd generation 4runner. It is not easy and should be ranked 6/10 but has no especially difficult or dangerous sections. Should be categorized as very rocky. Walked to the bottom of Mirror lake. It should be only attempted alone by specialty or extremely modified vehicle with experienced drivers but pairs are really the only sensible way to go, with good spotters. Rated 9/10 however trail is very short so doable in any vehicle with a winch and good clearance. Does present significant danger for the inexperienced. Should be described as low traction rock crawling with off camber.

off road driving

Did the trail to Strawberry Lake. Up there it's rated easy, but its actually fairly difficult. I ran it stock with a group with a good spotter. The more ground clearance the better, but you can make it if you're careful. I wouldn't suggest running it alone, but there's enough traffic that you'd be able to get help.