Miner's Trail

Miner's Trail is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Antioch, California that features a cave and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

cave

A nice introduction to the Black Diamond Mines Regional Presserve. 5,717 acre preserve with coal mines, historic cemetery and Bay Views. Take the Canyon trail to connect to the Black Diamond Trail Temperatures in the summer can be extreme. The 5,717 acre preserve contains 3 historic coal mining sites, a historic cemetery and approximately 50 scenic trails. Very hilly terrain offers spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay Area. Dog allowed on leash in developed areas/under voice command in undeveloped areas of the park

We hiked during Thanksgiving holiday weekend. The weather was perfect. After the rain all hills were green. The trails were damp but not muddy. The views were gorgeous. The hike was a mildly challenging and fun, it had two significant hills for a total ascent of 1800 feet along 7 miles. We hiked on the Chaparral Trail up to the Ridge Trail and then came down to the Stewartville Town site. We returned up the steep on the single track Miner's Trail that follows along a hill ridge back to the Ridge trail.

Very little shade. You will be out in the sun for most of it. The cave is not a part of the highlighted trail. Make sure you take the detour to go see it. A good portion of the trail is walking along dirt roads. There is a lot of inclines but they lead to beautiful views of the rolling hills and parts of the surrounding city. Worth checking out. Bring extra water.

Good winter and spring trail especially if you like to hike with your dogs. You might even see a coyote or two. Some nice climbs for a decent. The great thing about the area is it also hooks up with the Mt Diablo trail system which in turn hooks up with a couple of more so you can hike any mileage you want in the area.

I really liked this trail. I would suggest starting out the trail going to the left. Once you get to the miners trail it was super steep and challenging. Easiest way is to make sure you have room if hiking with others and run or dart up these parts...forward momentum really worked for me. All of the other parts are at a steady incline up. Make sure to take water with you even though it is a short trail it was pretty hot out there and wear sunscreen. Even though I had some on I still got slightly sun burnt. Was really fun and will be doing this trail again.

Corcoran trail is almost vertical at some points and the trails are a little overgrown right now. not sure why but the flies were ridiculous, they were everywhere.

Very good trail, was fun to look at everything along the way. Lots of wildlife when we went. East trail to find, there were two trails to choose from the lot where we entered we chose the left trail was just about 6miles by the time we finished. was dog friendly our dog kept up.

mice scenery and up hill... but the mines were closed.. definitely gong back whn they open up on march 5th

The views from Saddle Hill of the Sierras are well worth the uphill climb. Easily identified Yosemite and Tahoe!

There are a ton of trails to do at this Regional Park. I find that it is super fun to hop on and off trails and mix and match. On this day I took the Nortonsville trail to the coal canyon trail. Once on that trail I popped out onto the Black Diamond Trail. I took this up to the top and then came down. I jumped on the Manhattan Trail and then shifted to the Chaparral Loop trail to get back to the parking lot. This was a fun way to add some difficulty to the Black Diamond trail. The total distance was 7 miles. I'm going to estimate the climb is 1500 ft.

A muddy, slippery adventure the day after a rain. The views with some green on the hills on a clear day make a pretty view. My first hike on this trail and I'd do it again.