Mentryville: Pico Canyon Trail

Mentryville: Pico Canyon Trail is a 7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Stevenson Ranch, CA. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Decent hike. Would prefer there be no pavement but it was still nice once you started up the mountain. Great for cooler weather. Hiked to the picnic bench at the top and ran it all the way back. Great views.

Great place to run!

Excellent walk, don't be deceived by the easy asphalt walking, it gets more difficult.
Great to be out in the open air

Nice, mostly paved trail near my home. I've hiked and biked this several times. My dogs love it, too. Interesting history including several old buildings and the site of the first commercial oil well in California. Consider adding to your hike (and save a few dollars on parking) by parking outside the park. Watch for rattlesnakes and coyotes...I have encountered both in this area.

Great steady uphill for mountain bikers. Will record the route on my next outing

This is a nice out and back trail with historic significance. Ran across several bikers but all had good trail etiquette.

Good all level trail with an old fire road that leads all the way to the summit. The final 2 mile incline gives you a moderate cardio workout. I saw picnic tables at two different points along the trail, nice secluded shaded areas for a picnic. Beautiful view from the top.

too much overgrrowth and snakes

No cell reception and I got rattled at just on the walk from where i parked on the road to the trail sign! Too spooked to go on beyond the gravel parking lot since I didn't have a buddy with: next time I will, just in case i have another rattler run-in.

Very wide hiking trail. Elevation gain 1800 ft. Cyclists ride up and down, amazingly to me. View from the ridgeline is spectacular. I walked to the trail from Fairfield Inn off I-5, and all the way up Pico Canyon Rd, up the trail and back. Lots of hiking but well worth the trip.

Fun bike hide or hike. In the summer watch out for snakes. Lots of fun stuff to see: old structures, pumps, BBQ, etc. Last mile a hard climb. Enjoy