Mavericks Cliffs Trail and Pier

Mavericks Cliffs Trail and Pier is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Half Moon Bay, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A short hike along the Mavericks cliffs at one of the most famous surfing spots in the world This hike is an easy walk along the cliffs overlooking Mavericks surf spot, famous for its (often deadly) surf competitions. You will have nice views of the water below from the cliffs with very little elevation change after the first small climb. If you are up for it, you can continue along the harbor towards the rock pier where you may see seals and other marine life in the water and in small pools between the rocks.

Five stars for the ocean views and the history of Mavericks. A great place for the dogs. I lived in HMB for a few years and to see Mavericks when it was breaking and being surfed was something I'll never forget....and my dog would still remember the trail and the beach on both sides of the point.

Nice loop around for a jog, or a stroll with the dog. There is an open area where you can through around a ball, and beach access if you don't mind a bit of a climb.

Easy, flat walk to see beautiful waves at Maverick's beach.

The trail is heavily traveled. All ages can use this. It's an easy hike in and out. You see a variety of birds, seals, and paddle boarders. It was also a pet friendly trial and baby strollers can travel on it as well.

I did this hike over a year ago with the EveryTrail team. It was a nice easy hike with some great views, and I always love the smell of salt in the air when I'm near the ocean.

We saw a hurt seal on the beach afterwards and called the animal protection group nearby, but it allowed us to get some great closeups (we didn't get too close, that's what zoom lenses are for!)

This is a great location to have a mixed morning or afternoon of hiking / beach. Great to get the kids to exercise and tire them out. We tend to skip the cliff part of the trail and just head towards the beach, where you can make a right and stroll along the beach for another half mile or so. There should be tidepools here too, although I've only been with high tide.