Marshall Canyon Trail

Marshall Canyon Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Claremont, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mix of Single Track and fire road.

Bad experience. Like other commenters, lack of signs at the beginning and and bad signs throughout hike. If you start off with the All Trails map and take the path on the left at the fork, you will get lost near the end after 2.75-3miles. You will stray from the red line shown and there will be multiple forks. Take the fire trail, not the one shown in All Trails. While I didn't mind the little adventure of getting lost, my girlfriend was not happy. There is a tag that mentions a river however there was no river on the path we took. I should have read the other comments before going.

Also this is not an easy hike due to some of the steepness, length, and lack of direction.

Good hiking trail but needs better signs to give better directions. Should have a porta-potty somewhere.

I really like to go here if I want a nice easy stroll and relax. It's very pretty and easy to follow the trail.

Big Time Sux!!!!! No signs and got lost and dead ends on trails. No beautiful tree scenery at all. I won't be back, unless with someone who actually knows where to hike and where there going.

Poor poor signs. Took the wrong trail, due to no signs.

it's a really good trail. Hiked it this morning. great way to start the day. Only thing that it needs to get better signs to lead hikers to the correct path. I ended up going the wrong way and turned a 4 mile hike into a 6 mile hike.

One of my favorite hikes to date. There was lots of shade and the trial was well maintained. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 was due to all of the side trails and lack of directional signs. It can be a bit confusing. I was actually thankful for the mountain bikers who told us how to get back on the main trail.

Imagine Claremont Wilderness Park but without the huge crowd and whole lot of shade. Also, no parking fees. I did a 5.5 mile semi loop in the morning before the summer heat took over. The oak tree forests are like something out of a movie rather than a canyon in Southern California.

Great fun with my daughter but it's probably moderate for someone who doesn't hike all the time.

Awesome trail, Great fun!!!

I love this hike! Just be aware of bikes and for that reason I don't give it 5 stars

LOVE WALKING, HIKING AND BIKING

Hiking BIKING ALL

Not bad, too many bikers though.

Nice, well kept trail, wonderful view, but far too crowded for my taste.

Awesome trail.

This trail is awesome to get away from the hussel and bussel of the city. Wild life is everywhere, deer, hawk, owl and birds. The trail is easy to moderate depending which way you go, but worth the time.