Maple Canyon Trail

Maple Canyon Trail is a 1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near San Diego, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

This is one of my favorites place to hike when I don't want to drive for a big hike far from home. I just ride my bike few miles away and hike the canyon, cross the bridge and walk few blocks and get back by the Kings Canyon, doing both canyons. I usually do this hike at least 2 times a week. It is short but very peaceful and just in the heart of the city.

my boyfriend and I did this hike like 2 weeks ago and had a complete blast. we parked our car at the trail head and then took a string of random hidden bridges in the area just north of downtown so there were some amazing amazing views. we ended up continuing north onto university and stopped by whole foods and a haggens that was closing to grab some dinner supplies then walked back to thr car. turned out to be a gorgeous hike/walk and a full day affair

Great hike if you are short on time, live, or work very close by. Otherwise, not worth the trouble of finding parking. However, the footbridge view was nice and scary!

Easy but fun trail in heart of North Park. Nice way to work up a sweat on way to bar.

This is probably the most enjoyable way to get from the waterfront area (near the airport) to Balboa Park on foot. Just head up Laurel a few blocks from the east end of the airport runway, take a left on State, right on Maple, and when the road ends, the trail up the canyon starts. Wide and gentle at first, and then it gets a bit narrow and steeper at the end. Trail finishes near 3rd and Redwood, and if you continue east to 6th you will find yourself in Balboa Park