Mammoth Mountain Trail

Mammoth Mountain Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Oakhurst, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Ran to the top

As a frequent mountain biker on Mammoth Mountain, this trail was not very exciting as it follows the bike trails I already frequent: Off the Top and Beach Cruiser. Once you ride those, this hiking trail is a moot point. Giving five stars because it is probably awesome if you've never ridden the nearby trails.

To give the benefit of the doubt, you get beautiful views of the Lakes Basin, Reds Lake (the trail does not go around the lake, but it can be seen from above), the Minarets, Banner and Ritter. It also gives some appreciation for how large and varied Mammoth Mountain is. Hiking from the bottom is obviously strenuous. I hiked from the top.

I just couldn't help but wish I was on my bike because it took 30 mins as opposed to 2.5 hours, and the view was the same ;).

Great hike that takes you all the way around the mountain. Stunning views of all sides of the Mammoth area. Trail markers seem to differ from what was laid out on this app. Not sure if this is due to the windstorms of 2011 in the region that downed many trees, causing rerouting of the trail. New markers do not go around the lake as this map shows.

Nonetheless it was an amazing hike. Definitely recommend if you are in the area.

I did this mountain when I was 18 with my cousins . We had the time of our lives mountain biking for two days!